BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi karanleaf, sure you can join, I will add you to the list. ANd just add you another round on those 5" squares and you'll be set. All the information on the guidelines for the swap are listed on the first page of this thread for ease of convenience. And if you have any questions any one of us will be happy to help with anything.
Risurocket I am glad you found a good one to watch, also something that might help you to learn the crochet lingo, is the crochet encyclopedia you might check with your local library to see if they have it.

Fall Granny Square Swap-Sign-Upa Now Open!

grannysquarebutton.jpg

1. Mawchikkidie - Fall Swap Organizer
2. Guitarists
3. Tutter
4. Betsy
5. Mangled
6. WeGotChickens
7. Smitty's Farm
8. Suess Hens
9. Scrambled Egg
10. Rafter 7 Paint Horses
11. leepsy
12. Greentree
13. Chicks Rule
14. Tiki244
15. Jenjscott
16. AlpacaChick
17. Scootersmom
18. Chickngurl
19. EastTNchick
20. greenapple
21. Amyquilt
22. Yotetrapper
23. Prairiegirl
24. Ronniega1
25. Lovemychicks9
26. Jc12551
27. Elcunni75
28. Coffeelady3
29. Risurocket
30. Karanleaf​

Last edited:
Whooo Hoooo Maw!!! You got the button thingy working!! Glad someone helped you with that, I sure couldn't, lol! Wow the list is growing EVERYDAY!!!! Yippee!!!! New friends, very cool!! The swap thread was the most rockin thread on the forum in the spring!!! No kidding, alot of hookin going on in this thread!! Looks like risurocket is gonna be a hooker on her flight to Scotland soon!! Mile-high hookin, lol!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
I know I sure have some more squares to make, that's for sure!!!!!
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

Welll I hope you are all happy now! I now have just one more thing that I am addicted to, those dag gone granny's! I have spent the afternoon making granny's and I have 5 done today, and I just can not seem to put them down. Don't wanna stop to fix dinner, don't wanna stop to take laundry down and don't wannna stop to put clean sheets on the bed! Is this supposed to happen ? I thought I was only supposed to be addicted to my chickie's and this website! Oh, what to do , what to do. Well until I decide I guess I will just make another granny! Trudy
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif
tongue2.gif

Trudy, I know what yer talkin about, I have already finished my 30 squares, and started on making everyone in the swap these little eggy keychains I found in one of my amigurumi books and I started today and so far I have 10 done stuffed and ready to go. I just couldn't stop myself. finally my fingers clinched up and I was forced to stop for the evening, so I am working out the cramps here instead. LOL.

AHHHH! NOob question...Am I supposed to be having a hard time with making the foundation chain? heh... Mawchickkidie, that's so sweet about the egg keychains. I am more motivated now to make these squares, but omg, I might be in trouble for sure, Scrambled egg, because I might poke someone's eye out on the plane! Good thing you told me to bring a plastic hook! (I am leaving for a trip on Sunday, and she and I have been discussing.
wink.png
) OK...sorry for my outburst...I will get this...really... I will... *chants - I think I can, I think I can....*

did you SE say you were flying to Scottland? I sooooo wish I was going with you. My moms parents have roots there in dubland i think. I am soooo jelous. Some day though, but first I am going to Ireland. After I hit 50 I think I am going to move there. who knows that a long time away. well I see none of us can sleep tonight its got to be this heat even with the ac on I am still hot. And not one of us can sleep even the kids are still awake. Oh well that just means I can stay up and help everyone out. and pester the DH. HEHEHE.

*nod* I am going to Scotland. DH's parents wanted to take DH's side of the family there for their 50th wedding anniversary. It's been delayed a year, but we're off on Sunday....me with my narky looking foundation chain and hook in hand!
wink.png
gig.gif
None of us can sleep here either....guess that means we can sleep in tomorrow.
fl.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Quote:
I'm sorry that didn't work out for you.
sad.png
Were you able to find one that you liked? I haven't had time to try not one pattern from that new book yet since I bought it.

Mawchick, I have a book that has nothing, but dish cloth patterns in it. I'd be happy to copy one for you if you want.

I have lots of pages to read to get caught back up.
tongue.png

Yahoo!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Looks like we have to make at least 26 squares now. I better get hookin!!!!!!
lau.gif
I know the list will grow some more to.

I'm still doing the sunflower pattern, but my dd has claimed the bright ones that I made for the swap, so now I'll try the pattern in fall colors.

I know it's scrap theme, but what colors is everyone using? I'm back to square #1 literally. LOL!!!!!

I dont know Kim I saved the pattern and when I get more experienced I will try it. I really like it for gift washcloth or dishcloth. I was doing squares with dk brown, white fleck and a little orange, but now I am thinking I might do some blues and greens too, amd use up some of my yarns of different colors.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom