BYC Drawing Club(NEW!!!)

HANNAH!! I am so glad you got a book to help you with your horses! Wonderful! I tell you, my first drawings of elephants were tracings. I was 8 years old. Never saw an elephant for real, but I got this nat geo mag in the mail that had elephants, asian and african. I traced them so many times till I was able to draw them on my own. Sometimes, that's the way to learn something when you don't have a guide. Now that you have a guide, you're going to be able to KNOW the proportions are correct when you start to draw them out of your head.
Thanks, Nova.

My mom got me that guide when I was about 9 or 10 years old. I wanted to draw horses so badly, but didn't know how, so she got that book for me. I actually never used it because I didn't believe that you could draw using circles and ovals... but, a several years later, here I am, drawing with circles and ovals, and getting pretty good at doing so, if I do say so myself. I'm gonna flatter myself and say that I think I did pretty darned good on those horses.

Now, have you drawn anything, lately? I love your artwork!

Hey I couldn't draw like that at that age. Though I drew freeform only. I was stubborn about it. Now I do both freeform and models. I do better with photographic digital. I think you are doing awesome Chickenfan.

Sketch commission I did for someone online.
That's awesome!
highfive.gif

Last night at about 11:30ish, I gave in and picked up a mechanical pencil and a piece of printer paper. I wasn't sure what I wanted to draw, but I ended up sketching Zelda, the Twilight Princess. I had to look up a few guidelines that were simple to do for ANY anime face. I had to use a model for the clothes, as they are so complicated and detailed.
I do not have a photo of the finalized version yet, but I will.

Back
Top Bottom