BYC Evolution

Hi Mahonri - you're just a babe in the woods compared to me. I'm member #3005 - joined July 8, 2007. Like you, I miss the "old days" and like you, I too was "on vacation" but mine lasted several months - most of this year. During that time I had to stop and think about what I wanted from BYC and what I could offer. I decided I could offer the "newbies" help with their chicken emergencies. Lord knows they needed it because I would still read the emergencies section even though I could not post and would see other newbies offering advice.

For example:

Q. My little chick has a huge lump on its chest.

A. I read it's an abcess and needs to be cut open and dug out.

So I came back and I offer help where I can. I also find it nearly impossible to keep up with threads and posts and I find that during my absence many of the other "old timers" seem to have disappeared as well.

I like the idea about a thread for those over the BYC age of X and if you start one, count me in.

Monique

Some of our best members went away for a vacation and came back infinitely better members, and we're so glad they are here!
hugs.gif

I've noticed it too...

I used to keep track of quite a few people because I loved reading their posts, but now I really have to search for them, or they've stopped posting - greyfields, wherever did you go!?

Back
Top Bottom