Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
Well that was super disappointing. Grew potatoes for the first time this year and it was a dismal failure. First lot I put in grew ok for a bit but died off pretty quickly and I got only 1-2 potatoes per plant. I planted a second batch a bit later right next to them. These grew better plants and I left in till plants were totally dead but smaller barely edible size potatoes.
My third try was a few leftover ones that I planted in a container. These plants grew the most healthy and were left the longest but dug them up today and there was just a handful of thumbnail sized potatoes.

Obviously I'm missing something
1f641.png
Potatoes are heavy feeders. Did they ever bloom? They also don't like to have it too dry, or too wet.

I have some Barnrunner Bean seeds. I have way more than I need to replant this year. Would anyone want to trade seeds? These can grow up to 25 feet and have scarlet blossoms. I planted them along the western side of my house last year so they would block the sun off a bedroom that overheats in the summer. It worked marvelously. I have two types. One was along the house and got afternoon full sun. The other was planted in the shade to see if that would encourage it to produce into the heat of summer.

Started my own garden this year. Usually plant a few things In my parents garden. Growing several types of vegetables and a few herbs. Starting alot from seed. Will update on progress as I go along. Also may be looking for more seeds if anyone in southern Vermont has any to part with, different from what I have now. Will also post some pictures later on.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what this is. Bought some plants at home depot and this one came without the info.

Yesterday we finally got the field tilled! Today before we go to the OB for our second ultrasound we're stopping by the feed store for weed sheeting and stakes, and we might pick up some bell peppers and cucumbers since I've always had issues growing those from seed.

Back
Top Bottom