Do you garden?

• No

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
We know we will have to down-size one of these years, and if this works, it will be how we do things in a smaller, city space.
I'll keep posting here on our progress.

Hey everyone, just got done fencing my new garden and want to share it.
IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG

It's still a work in progress, have been holding off on planting any of my plants because it keeps freezing.

One really neat thing about it is that it's right next to a natural underground spring that feeds a water basin for my goats.

IMG_0576.JPG

From there drains into a little pond for my ducks.....

IMG_0572.JPG

...... and from there it drains down in my pasture (part of which will be a future dam site hopefully)

Well instead of all the water going completely to waste, I decided to give siphoning off of it a try and low and behold it worked!

I laid the hoses into the stream and sucked some air from the other end and voila, water. I'm still in shock that that actually worked, and comes out at a pretty respectable amount also.

To get it to stop I hang the hose up on the fence, and to get it to come out again I just lay the hose back down. It stays primed and everything.
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG

So when I get things planted here, hopefully tonight, I'll be making rows with little trenches.

Last edited:
Mary will you be adding side rails of some sort to keep your basket's from getting knocked over from the wind? I saw some on the RGGS that have added rails for support.

Yea it's kind of a mess right now, where the garden is...was the spot where I had my hay feeders for the goats. So the remnants of the deconstructing and temporary fencing are still everywhere.

Hey everyone, just got done fencing my new garden and want to share it.
View attachment 555972 View attachment 555973

It's still a work in progress, have been holding off on planting any of my plants because it keeps freezing.

One really neat thing about it is that it's right next to a natural underground spring that feeds a water basin for my goats.

View attachment 555979

From there drains into a little pond for my ducks.....

View attachment 555980

...... and from there it drains down in my pasture (part of which will be a future dam site hopefully)

Well instead of all the water going completely to waste, I decided to give siphoning off of it a try and low and behold it worked!

I laid the hoses into the stream and sucked some air from the other end and voila, water. I'm still in shock that that actually worked, and comes out at a pretty respectable amount also.

To get it to stock I hang the hose up on the fence, and to get it to come out again I just lay the hose back down. It stays primed and everything.
View attachment 555981 View attachment 555982

So when I get things planted here, hopefully tonight, I'll be making rows with little trenches.

That is so awesome.

Yeah! It took a while for me to get notifications that BYC was up and running again, but here I am.
I love the new gardens and rain gutter gardens. We are getting soaking rains every other day. It would be wonderful if my garden was in, but I am still working on getting the cover crop down so I can plant. Today looks to be a good day to to get more of that accomplished before it starts raining again.

Yeah! It took a while for me to get notifications that BYC was up and running again, but here I am.
I love the new gardens and rain gutter gardens. We are getting soaking rains every other day. It would be wonderful if my garden was in, but I am still working on getting the cover crop down so I can plant. Today looks to be a good day to to get more of that accomplished before it starts raining again.

Nice to see you back. Hope to see pics of your garden soon. :pop

Back
Top Bottom