Votes: 459 95.8%
  • Have in the past

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
i planted strawberries last fall. i hope they produces good this year
fl.gif
. so i can can them. that is if i can keep the chicken out of them
barnie.gif
.they always find away in to scratch for bugs. then i have to replant the one they dig up.

I'm going to start a vegetable garden this year, we used to have one when I was young and grew runner beans, potatoes, carrots and a bunch of other stuff. We also had an awesome pear tree and wild blackberries. My grandfather in England had a greenhouse and grew tomatoes and cucumbers, as well as maintained a beautiful flower garden in his front yard.

This year I'm hoping to have lettuce, spinach, arugula, carrots, beets, beans and a more. Definitely hoping to grow pumpkins, since they're kind of a big deal where I live and I love anything pumpkin and sweet :) It's pretty much going to be a learning experience, but I've enjoyed growing dahlias, ranunculus and lilies where I am, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at edible plants.

i planted strawberries last fall. i hope they produces good this year
fl.gif
. so i can can them. that is if i can keep the chicken out of them
barnie.gif
.they always find away in to scratch for bugs. then i have to replant the one they dig up.
I hate it when that happens...

I'm going to start a vegetable garden this year, we used to have one when I was young and grew runner beans, potatoes, carrots and a bunch of other stuff. We also had an awesome pear tree and wild blackberries. My grandfather in England had a greenhouse and grew tomatoes and cucumbers, as well as maintained a beautiful flower garden in his front yard.

This year I'm hoping to have lettuce, spinach, arugula, carrots, beets, beans and a more. Definitely hoping to grow pumpkins, since they're kind of a big deal where I live and I love anything pumpkin and sweet :) It's pretty much going to be a learning experience, but I've enjoyed growing dahlias, ranunculus and lilies where I am, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at edible plants.
Nice, make sure you keep us posted on this thread. Good Luck! Are you going to start some of your plants inside and then transplant them?

I don't know how to put pictures on here yet! sorry but when i do i will post the gardening pictures for you all to see!
Oh, okay!

Oh boy! Gardening...another of my favorite things!
celebrate.gif

So far this season I've got several varieties of tomatoes planted from grape tomatoes on up to big slicers. I have a Jalapeno and a Chile Petin plant, (both survivors from last year) in the ground, and a New Mexico Chile, a Poblano Chile, onions, and Strawberries planted. Aside from those, I have Cauliflower ready to transplant.

In the herb garden, I have Sage, Rosemary, Sweet Basil, Thyme, Dill, Holy Basil, Aloe Vera, and Cinnamon Basil growing. With more to be added this year.

From seed (to be planted this weekend), we'll have yellow squash, zucchini, okra, acorn squash, carrots, corn, peas, green beans, pinto beans, black beans, soy beans, spinach, mammoth sunflower, and wheat grass.

I also have Avocado, Clementine, Satsuma Mandarin, Nectarine, and Page Mandarin trees to plant. We'll be adding Blueberries, Raspberries, and grapes this year, too.

Oh boy! Gardening...another of my favorite things!
celebrate.gif

So far this season I've got several varieties of tomatoes planted from grape tomatoes on up to big slicers. I have a Jalapeno and a Chile Petin plant, (both survivors from last year) in the ground, and a New Mexico Chile, a Poblano Chile, onions, and Strawberries planted. Aside from those, I have Cauliflower ready to transplant.

In the herb garden, I have Sage, Rosemary, Sweet Basil, Thyme, Dill, Holy Basil, Aloe Vera, and Cinnamon Basil growing. With more to be added this year.

From seed (to be planted this weekend), we'll have yellow squash, zucchini, okra, acorn squash, carrots, corn, peas, green beans, pinto beans, black beans, soy beans, spinach, mammoth sunflower, and wheat grass.

I also have Avocado, Clementine, Satsuma Mandarin, Nectarine, and Page Mandarin trees to plant. We'll be adding Blueberries, Raspberries, and grapes this year, too.
Wow, that is good sized Garden. is that just for your family or do you sell too?
Has anyone here tried or is growing teas? (Like mint tea) We are going to this year. So any tips on growing tea?

Wow, that is good sized Garden. is that just for your family or do you sell too?
Has anyone here tried or is growing teas? (Like mint tea) We are going to this year. So any tips on growing tea?
No, I don't sell any. I can/freeze/dry some of it, and some goes to the livestock, but most of the surplus eggs and produce go to family and friends.

I haven't tried growing actual tea plants, but I've wanted to. I've grown several herbs and made teas from them, however.

This reminds me that I also have a coffee plants I forgot to put in my earlier list.

Back
Top Bottom