BYC KNITTING CLUB

I recently bought a set of bamboo knitting needles off of amazon, and I am really wanting to use them. But I can't find anything that I want to make that I actually CAN make. :lol: Does anyone know of any baby blanket patterns that are easy for beginners? I have been knitting for years, but I still consider myself a beginner since I just finally got around to learning the purl stitch. lol

Hi chicken momma, I'm a beginner and I knit hats! I actually wear some of them lol. Most of the patterns are knit and purl stitches:). I like allfreeknitting.com they have lots of free patterns, some say easy and some beginner. I get emails from them because I signed up. Happy knitting!

Hey guys! I have been working on a basket weave afghan *k10, p10* and have been having a hard time with increasingly loose stitches whenever I switch from knit to purl.. how do I tighten it up? I have tried working tighter and it hasn't helped any. I read to twist the first purl stitch and knit tbl when I reach the twisted stitch on the other side. Would I still twist following purl stitch after knitting the last stitch tbl?
Would this be the first stitch in the next row? I would say no, because it's a new row. How is it going?

I recently bought a set of bamboo knitting needles off of amazon, and I am really wanting to use them. But I can't find anything that I want to make that I actually CAN make. :lol: Does anyone know of any baby blanket patterns that are easy for beginners? I have been knitting for years, but I still consider myself a beginner since I just finally got around to learning the purl stitch. lol

You are funny"..
Check out ravelry you will find many free patterns for beginners .

@MsChickenMomma I like cotton dishcloths, scarves & hats. Ya gotta start someplace. Never forget that you can make a lot with basic rectangles.

These I found the pattern on Ravelry and I knitted them on dpns.
[/IMG]

http://www.subwayknitter.com/patterns/urban_necessity.pdf

(As you can see, I modified the author's diamond pattern)

Last edited:
Would this be the first stitch in the next row? I would say no, because it's a new row. How is it going?
I haven't done any since.. I've already done three block rows of crap and I'm one row away from starting my fourth so I wanna get it right this time haha.
Here's a diagram of where I'm at:

Yellow: Knit section
Orange: Purl section
Green: Place marker
Red: Stitch that was twisted on the purl side.. from what I've heard I am to knit this tbl.
Blue: The approaching purl that I'm confused about.

So after I knit the twisted stitch from the previous side tbl, do I continue on by twisting the approaching purl? Or would I purl it normally since I have knit the last stitch tbl?

ie,(there are 10 stitches in each section)

knitx9, knit tbl, twist 1st purl stitch, purlx9

OR

knitx9, knit tbl, purlx10

This stuff is so confusing to explain/understand over the internet haha

Thank you in advance though

I think I would purl 10 normally and just pull that 1st purl super tight on the needle after getting it on your right needle. I mean, pull it so tight that you see the last knit stretch too.

On my glittens, I had one last knit that was sort of hard to get my dpn into, so I knitted tbl, and now it looks like it sort of leans to the right. You could try knitting 2 test swatches both ways, then compare to see which way you like best. But I think I'd just pull the daylights out of it. I can not purl thru tbl at all.

@maddiesmum I think you should just handle the next stitch normally. Try to only think of the row you are currently knitting. Don't try to think of it in context of the other side. I hope that makes sense.so that would be k9, ktbl, p10. Let us know how it goes. And you photo was great as a guide. Your afghan look like it will be so cozy!

Back
Top Bottom