BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Good morning!! Just cast on a stocking for the exchange student. I need to get a move on and get it done this weekend
roll.png
I guess I need to stop looking online and start knitting my fingers to the nubs!! As a side note I have started to get bigger eggs!!! Pretty soon I will be getting really 'regular' eggs. YEA!!!

I'm about half way through the last knitted hat for Christmas. I still have two stockings to quilt and a crocheted Gnome toilet paper roll cover to finish. I'm not sure how this will all get done with working 55 hr weeks. Hubby drives and I knit in the car. Must look really funny to the others on the road.

Last edited:
I figured it's time to finally post what I've been up to with my needles. Pics are taken with my cell, so quality not great.

The quality of the knitted items, however, is awesome (heh).

These mittens are for my mom. They match a scarf I made for her last year. They're one of the first things I knitted that weren't flat & square. The cuff is Italian wool and the mitt is "HomeSpun". I'm going to make a matching hat.
mittens.jpg

I decided I should try socks, so here's the first pair I made. I used a Stephanie McPhee (yarnharlot.com) pattern and then made it bigger for a man. Color is "denim".
socks.jpg

Last spring I ordered this gorgeous yarn on ebay from Uraguay. It's virgin merino wool that's hand painted. It's fabulous to work with. I made these slippers for myself but now I can't find the match to this one. Bummer. It'll show up, right? RIGHT?!? The green is cashmere I had left over from a baby sweater I made last year.
slipper.jpg

Finally, my big leap of faith: fingerless gloves for my brother, who is a surveyor. I'd never made gloves, much less anything that seemingly complicated. I must say, they turned out beautifully and I'm very proud of myself. Color is a heathered grey.
gloves.jpg

glove.jpg

JennsPeeps , I recently discovered the Malabrigo merino yarn. It is fantastic yarn. I'm working on some socks with their new super washed sock yarn.
10355_100_0412.jpg
I hope you find your other slipper. I bet they're nice and warm.
wink.png

Silkie33 - that's a gorgeous sock!

I'm starting my first cabling project today. Well, actually I started last night. Ripped it out b/c guage was off. Re-started. Ripped out this morning. Started again. Didn't like how it was turning out. Re-evaluating now on how to proceed.

<sigh>

I like using cables with socks. It makes for a better fit. They are designed to trap body heat, warmer socks. I really like making aran patterns and gansey sweaters too. The history behind traditional knitting is very interesting.

Last edited:
Can anyone of you help me find a pattern for making checkers in the knitted item, in the stitching and not making it with two different colors? I want to make my husband a checkered scarf but I'm only finding ones using two colors making a flat scarf, where I'm looking for something textured with the squares popping out or something.
Am I making any sense?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom