BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Alright, here is a question for everyone. What style do you knit in? I was teaching myself Continental but the woman that owns the local yarn shop taught me to knit American style (is that right?) Anyway, when I hear about people knitting superduper fast they are knitting Continental. Is this basically true? Should I try to knit Continental?

(I don't know if those are supposed to capitalized)
idunno.gif

I suffer from color change envy. I just can't get it. I knit to tightly. I need to loosen up.

I have had that problem too, I had to make an effort to push my knitting on the needle and make sure that the carry yarn is not tight on the back of the knitting. Also don't change the hand that is holding a specific color, i.e. I held the white in my left hand and the red in my right. I am a picker so the white was picked and the red was thrown. (Hope that makes some sort of sense
big_smile.png
)​

I knit both styles but Im not too good at purling continental. I need more practice at that.

Hoosier Your stocking is so awesome looking. Ive never tried anything like that.

Chel

I just finished a hat for myself. The next few days are supposed to be really REALLY cold (not above freezing for a week, which is unusual here). I wore it outside but it's not warm enough for 20 degree temps.

I'm currently sans project and my fingers are itching for something to do!!

Good morning!!! Stopping by before I head to the feed mill. I HAVE to start my other Christmas projects soon. My DS reminded me this AM, only 10 days, yikes! I'm making club covers for my dad and purses for my mom and MIL. I think I may need to get going on them??!!! If I have time left I want to make a scarf for my exchange student and maybe a hat.

Found a new project, and one that will use up ends & bits of yarn. I'm making a bunch of coffee cup cozies for girlfriends! Starting tonight on the bus ride home.
smile.png

Ravelry.com has lots of patterns, though I'm just going to wing it.

Sorry to join you all so late...lol

I have been busy knitting for the last 2 weeks, I will post some pic tomorrow.

I have only just found this thread.

I have made 2 jumpers for children, and a hat, and I am just finishing a Jacket.

I am just an old fashioned knitter, I don;t know about continental style or any other way, but I know my aunt who to knit fairisle held her needles above her lower arm and I hold my lower, but I feel more comfortable that way. lol.... just old fashioned I guess.

Always willing to learn. (By the way, love your pics of the things you have been making.... excellent)

Jena

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom