BYC KNITTING CLUB

Glad to see some activity on this thread! Here is what I've been up to.
Those socks are awesome!

Hope y'all don't mind if I join the Club. Taught myself to knit and still a novice. This is the best time of the year to knit…making myself some scarves and soon some new hats.
But, I have a cat that loves to go aggressively after my yarn, he thinks its one of his toys. So can only knit during his naps..
th.gif

Knitting again!!!
wee.gif
And my cat just watches...

Bought a multi zippered project bag. Placed my yarn balls in it and have finished a couple of scarves. My cat has shown interest in the bag, but not the yarn…whoo whoo, knitting again. Without mr cat stealing my yarn.

Knitting again!!!
wee.gif
And my cat just watches...

Bought a multi zippered project bag. Placed my yarn balls in it and have finished a couple of scarves. My cat has shown interest in the bag, but not the yarn…whoo whoo, knitting again. Without mr cat stealing my yarn.

Funny about your cat, I'm glad you made it work out. We have a cat too, but he doesn't go after yarn, thank goodness.

Funny about your cat, I'm glad you made it work out. We have a cat too, but he doesn't go after yarn, thank goodness.
Well, this week I gave him a long piece of yarn to get him "out of my projects"….he loves it, grabs it with his mouth and walks me and DH around like a pet on a leash. Leaves it alone unless one of us holds the other end. Wish I could get a video. Never had a cat do that.

Anyone have the Addi Expess?
I've been knitting for over 45+/- years. My mom used to verify patterns from red heart yarn and then send it back to them with any corrections and they would display the finished project. SHE could knit! What are you asking, I've never hear of this, or maybe under some other name.
Does anyone know of a free website? I'm also on the lookout for a drum carder that anyone would want to part with at a CL price. Not to expensive in other words. DD's been out of work for over a yr and min. pd. jobs after being a supervisor is a hell of a drop in more than one Way
I have German giant angora hybrids that I sell but would like to have a site to display my babies! Never know who knows what! just a try, and thanks!

Last edited:
@chickery-do

Addi Expess is a manual knitting machine for circular projects. Can do hats, scarves really fast. Not really as relaxing as hand knitting, but fun for a change. I have only done some simple knitting projects for several years but like it better than crocheting.

Don't know what a Drum Carder is, but guess it has to do with making your own yarn. You could check out Craig's list, but do be careful dealing with the unknown folks.

Sorry about your DD, lack of opportunity is a great problem now.

Yay a knitting thread! I'm still a novice but I taught myself to knit about 3-4 years ago when my youngest was in cloth diapers I wanted to make her some woolen pants and diaper covers. So that started my knitting journey I've since made her several pairs of pants (longies) hats mittens scarfs leg warmers skirts baby cocoons eetc. My husband bought be a really nice Germany made circular needle set with all the sizes that you can change the length of the cord and change needle size. I beleive the brand is adiri? LOVE those they are so smooth! I'm feeling really inspired by all the knitting projects I've seen on the TV show " outlander" and I'm wanting to copycat those. Now I just need to find the time lol

Yay a knitting thread! I'm still a novice but I taught myself to knit about 3-4 years ago when my youngest was in cloth diapers I wanted to make her some woolen pants and diaper covers. So that started my knitting journey I've since made her several pairs of pants (longies) hats mittens scarfs leg warmers skirts baby cocoons eetc. My husband bought be a really nice Germany made circular needle set with all the sizes that you can change the length of the cord and change needle size. I beleive the brand is adiri? LOVE those they are so smooth! I'm feeling really inspired by all the knitting projects I've seen on the TV show " outlander" and I'm wanting to copycat those. Now I just need to find the time lol
Sounds like you have really become a great knitter. I just play at it during winter months.

The Addi Express I mentioned in an earlier post is a German circular knitter - there are 2 sizes of machines, but these don't allow needle size changes. I would really like to know the name of what you have.

I also have the Ultimate Sweater Machine with extension for wide knitting, its a flat bed for straight knitting.

But, I really prefer hand knitting, but only simple projects..
smile.png

Sounds like you have really become a great knitter.  I just play at it during winter months.

The Addi Express I mentioned in an earlier post is a German circular knitter - there are 2 sizes of machines, but these don't allow needle size changes.  I would really like to know the name of what you have.

I also have the Ultimate Sweater Machine with extension for wide knitting, its a flat bed for straight knitting.  

But, I really prefer hand knitting, but only simple projects..:)
It is the addi click interchangeable system I LOVE tgem. Any time I use walmart brand needles they feel like sandpaper the addis are do smootg!

Back
Top Bottom