BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Hello you fellow knitters! I haven't picked up needles for knitting since last year but I need to knit some booties for a baby shower in a couple weeks. I'm knitting them with angora, it makes a fabulous gift. I'll go find my pattern and see if I remember how to do it...hmmm

Silkie33, Your hand dyed yarn is lovely and the socks are great!!!
So you spin too? I had a wheel for 30 years, it was my high school graduation gift from my parents. We lived in the city and eventually, the weaving and spinning shop closed. I didn't know any place to get fleece to spin so I just stopped. When we moved to NC from PA, my husband convinced me to get rid of the wheel, which I did. Now, I'm in the a very rural place and could get fleece anywhere. I had an Ashford wheel. Now they are $700+ I could scream!! Someday, I hope to get another wheel and start spinning again.
For now I just keep adding to my stash! I see that your color pattern is entrelac, I enjoy knitting that. Here's a shawl I knit a few years ago, all in entrelac.
34537_posey_entralac.jpg

Missy Prissy, I'm turning GREEN. A very bright shade of GREEN with envy.
cool.png

You lucky girl. What fiber do you spin most often?

I have a Ashford wheel and use Koolaid to dye the wool. Mixing can give you alot of different colors. I buy of my roving from E-bay, also got my wheel there. My next step is to get hand cards to start with a raw fleece.Posey I really like your enterlac shaw!! Nice work!

Last edited:
Here are my crazy socks I finished this morning! So nice to get two done at once!

7664_finished_socks_002.jpg
big_smile.png

I look forward to making more with some adjustments now that I understand the concept of knitting socks! What a learning experience! I guess ya can teach an old dog new tricks!
tongue.png

Posey, Don't remember the yarn and the tags are gone. I love the concept of 2 circs at once. I'm just getting started on my second pair today using Plymouth Yarn, Happy Feet! I'll post a pic later after I get going!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom