BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
I'm one who doesn't get it with the socks, all that fiddling around with tiny needles and they seem to take SO long to get done.
th.gif

Working on another pair of socks right now.

I've finished up a couple baby sweaters, cowls and thrummed earflap hats. This one is my favorite! Hand dyed (using jacquard dyes), hand spun corriedale:

Front
3thrumhat112009a.jpg

Back
3thrumhat112009b.jpg

Quote:
I have angora goats, border leicester sheep and some mixed breed wool sheep. Also some very nice ladies pass along wool from their alpacas. I had angora rabbits but it is too much work to harvest and comb them all the time.

I have never learned to knit. I wish I had someone close by who would teach me.

I crochet.

Love those socks. Guess I'll have to knit some for my grandkids for next years Christmas Presents. This years handmade stuff is hats. I even knitted two baby hats, one in blue for my new grandson and one in pink for his little cousin who was born two months before him. Right now I'm knitting a vest for DH. He doesn't know it but it's not for Christmas so it wouldn't matter. I might have it done by then but don't plan on rushing it.

Quote:
I found the pattern through Ravelry. The pattern can be found at cocoknits.com

Paul (DH) has been trying to talk me into getting a fiber flock, but I keep resisting. I finally told him that, like my fiber room, I would only be happy with a great variety of fiber on the hoof and we would have to sell the draft horses, cows & hogs .... he relented. I'd much rather support shepherdresses by letting them do all the work and buying their bounty!

My Cindi, you're a busy girl.
I'm not knitting today as we had two bad storms this week and both had high winds.
Our chicken run got blown apart again. So we are outside repairing it. I think this time Avi (DH) will be able to secure it so that future storms won't be able to damage it. We are just trying to get by with it until next Fall when we will be able to replace it (Yah willing.)

It's been a busy week here and I could really use a quiet evening at home to just sit and knit.

Quote:
I have angora goats, border leicester sheep and some mixed breed wool sheep. Also some very nice ladies pass along wool from their alpacas. I had angora rabbits but it is too much work to harvest and comb them all the time.

I have never learned to knit. I wish I had someone close by who would teach me.

I crochet.

Miss Prissy you should check to see if there is a knitting guild meeting near you. They could help you learn to knit. Try this website: www.tkga.com There are lots of other knitting groups that meet all over who are not associated with the guild. Is there a local yarn shop near you? They might give lessons or know of a group near you.

I love mohair. We've got a friend who lives in Charlottesville, VA who raises sheep and angora goats. I LOVE her mohair yarn because she doesn't over process it and it is so soft and doesn't shed much. I am waiting to receive some beautful, hand dyed emerald green yarn from her to knit a sweater for myself. Here is a sweater that I knit out of turquoise mohair from her goats.
34537_p1010064.jpg

Any chance you know her, her name is Michele Mangham?

Back
Top Bottom