BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
I just found this and I'm thrilled!!! My mother and Grandmother have always crocheted and taught me when I was little. I just never cared for it so last year I bought an easy pattern book with instructions and also used videos on you tube. I knitted a couple of scarves and started a baby afghan; never finished that. Then I got the great notion to make myself a pullover sweater
roll.png
I've been working on it on and off for a year and have half of the back done...and that's all...I'm VERY slow and amazed that you all can start AND finish a project in the same day!

I found that I really enjoy knitting but I'm going to need alot of help as I get more into this sweater.

Quote:
Well we aren't starting and finishing adult sized sweaters in the same day.
big_smile.png

I am happy to help you from afar and can give you other resources that might help. There are some wonderful DVD's out there and some not so good ones. PM me if you have questions or need some help
Don't give up;)

Will-do and thanks!! (I can't even imagine knitting a pair of booties in one day!!) I only know how to knit and purl so when it comes to increasing/decreasing, I'm gonna need some help. Thanks!!!! Now I'm motivated to pick it back up!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dad is sick and can't breathe the cold air. I told him I'd knit him a scarf which I'm ready to start right now. I have 6.5mm/10.5us needles - will this work? I don't want a real loose one; want it a little tighter so I'm guessing this size would be good. Can I do it all in the knit stitch? And how many should I cast on to make an average size?

Thanks! That's what I'm doing - knitting both sides. Just measured it and it's about 8 1/2 inches. Bigger than I thought for casting on 30 but it looks good so far! I usually knit too tight but I'm trying to relax and knit so they slip off the needle the right way :)

Make sure you are knitting w/ the whole neadle and not just one the ends. This can also cause you to knit tight.
smile.png

Good morning, I just finished a pullover vest for DH. It knitted up pretty fast as I didn't expect to get it finished before Christmas. The pattern wasn't hard, just had to concentrat on when kit or when to purl. t's sort of a loose basket weave pattern. I learned to knit as a little girl (4-5) but have knitted off and on through the years. I just took it up again recently to make hats for my grandchildren for Christmas and when those were done I knitted dishcloths and the vest for DH. It's snowing in the desert this morning
celebrate.gif
I know it's not as exciting for all of you out there that has to deal with it all the time but it doesn't happen that much in the desert just on the Sierra Mountains. The winter view from my front windows is awesome in the winter. Have a good day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom