BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Quote:
I knew what you meant :) and thanks - I do find myself doing that.

Baustin - congrats on your projects! Someday maybe I'll finish one
hu.gif
I've been trying to work on the sweater I started last year - the back is almost done
roll.png
but I keep knitting when I should purl and vice-versa. I get frustrated.

I love the sweaters and mainly the socks.....you ladies do a wonderful job.

My middle DD is 14 and just learned to knit and she has knit a scarf for her loder sister and is working on one for her Dad. These that she is making is only about 24 inches long and thye just wrap around the neck area and button in the front. They are so cool.

I am so happy for her that she has picked up something to do with her hands. She also crochets and plays piano by ear.

Acre, have your DD go the raverlry.com !!! Lots of patterns for free! Nice group of people. I am mommahen there too if she wants to friend me!
big_smile.png

I just finished a crochet baby blanket for my first grandbaby/g-son and am knitting gauntlet mittens for my eldest daughter's three nephews out of camoflage yarn. I'm getting ideas for knitting an Icelandic sweater this Spring, using the colors we will be looking at outside, off white, grey, blue and I like a tiny bit of a fourth color instead of using the traditional three colors- possibly dead grass/straw color. Hoping to take another spinning class soon, too. I've wanted to spin sport weight for lace knitting but am dragging my feet since I've always preferred worsted weight and chunkier yarns. I'll get a pic of the baby blanket and mittens after work tomorrow, its 2:15am and I've got to get some sleep before heading to work at 8am. I spent all evening searching for this wonderful knitting book I got my youngest daughter acouple years ago and haven't found it! It must be out at the cabin... and its storming outside, snow, blowing snow and 25 mph wind. OH! I want my pattern from the cabin for a wonderful shawl with cuffs, too, for a shrug at work since its always cold there in the mornings.

Quote:
A quick fix for dad would be a tube fleece scarf, just take a piece of fleece and sew a tube, with the stretchy direction going around the tube, make it just big enough to go over his head. Make the tube about a yard long - you only have to sew once, to sew the tube together, no need to hem the ends or anything as fleece doesn't unravel or fray..

The tube gets pulled over the head, and you can leave it around your neck or half way up your face if you need.

(sorry I know this is a knitting thread, but a sewn tube will be fast)

Quote:
A quick fix for dad would be a tube fleece scarf, just take a piece of fleece and sew a tube, with the stretchy direction going around the tube, make it just big enough to go over his head. Make the tube about a yard long - you only have to sew once, to sew the tube together, no need to hem the ends or anything as fleece doesn't unravel or fray..

The tube gets pulled over the head, and you can leave it around your neck or half way up your face if you need.

(sorry I know this is a knitting thread, but a sewn tube will be fast)

That's a great idea!!! I started his scarf the night I posted but still haven't finished it. Happy to say that dad is better now though.

I want to make DBF a new hat. I bought him one for Christmas but it didn't fit (Thinsulate hat, too small, one size fits most). I'm ready to start and all I have are #6 straight needles and 6 oz yarn. Can anyone tell me please how to do this? Not even sure how many to cast on to start.
hide.gif
I really just want to start and finish something simple.

Did you want something like a beanie? I made a bunch of hats for Christmas and I cast on 90 and did a ribbing of knit 2 purl 3 for 7 1/2 inches then I had to decrease for the crown. If that's what you have in mind I can copy the pattern for you. I made a hat in two evenings while watching TV.

Back
Top Bottom