BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Sure - here you go. I used a size 8 circular needle and finished with size 8 double pointeds. I have a tendency to knit tight so you'll have to play this by ear. My son has a 21 1/2" sized head. I used a medium weight, worsted 100% acrylic yarn for the first hat and casted on 80. I used a little bit heavier weight yarn, also 100% acrylic, for the second hat and casted on 70. Both hats fit fine.

After the cast on, k1/p1 for 8 rows.
Knit and work to 7" then begin decrease:

k8, k2tog
knit the next row
k7, k2tog
knit the next row
Continue decreasing down to k1, k2tog with a knit row in between each decrease row
k2tog then end

When it got too difficult to work on the circular, I slipped the remaining stitches onto 3 double pointed needles and knit with the 4th. Also, before I started the decrease round, I counted the stitches to get to a number that would work out so I ended the row with the k2tog. Depending on how many stitches you cast on, you may start the decrease at k9, ktog.

I have no idea if my methods are correct or not, but I winged it
big_smile.png

Quote:

Posey ~ Thank you! per your suggestion, I am trying a pair of socks right now in sport yarn ~ since I am not much of a counter, they may end up slightly different lengths ~ ;-D ( my little needle-end counter doo-hickey seems to add or subtract rows at will ~ finally I just took it off & decided I will just have to resort to hash marks on a piece of paper. argh!)
one of the things I am trying to learn is those little diamond looking holes ( well, 4 of them make up a what looks like a diamond) because I want to perfect them for making on baby clothes. I think they are so dainty looking. So I have some pretty strange, holey looking socks ~ heheh ~ can you say RRRIIPPPP ~ and try try again. I feel like the little engine that could ~ BEFORE he got all into it, lol. i'm still at the bottom, puffing away... I think I can, I think I can , I THINK I can, I THINK I CAN .... ;-D

ps ~ ralphie roos, your hat is just so cute,
and queen scoot, that shawl is just LOVELY! I always do love a good shawl ~ nothing to make a lady feel more lady like & it keeps the nip in the air off of you.
And Baustin ~ PLEASE, I would LOVE to see it too!!!
~Red

Hi
I noticed that this thread started back in 2008, but is it to late to sign up for the knitting club?? I am an avid knitter.I have been knitting for about 6 years. Love knitting socks, clothes for my GD's 18" doll,and just about anything. Have been trying to find a pattern to knit chickens. I finally found a pattern to knit a chicken pillow which I'm getting ready to start as soon as I finish the purse I'm working on. Does anyone know where else to find chicken knitting patterns??
Thanks,
Tammy

Hi Tammy! Welcome! I'm a relatively new knitter and I just started my first sock. It's about 2 inches long now
roll.png
Someday I hope to finish.

Pics please!!! Would love to see your purse and anything else you'd like to share!

Tammy, you might try the internet. There are a lot of free patterns out there. Lion Brand Yarn is one you could try. I'm fairly new to the club also but I've been knitting for 65 years off and on. My mother taught me when I was a little girl and we still lived in the UK. Glad to see you here.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom