BYC KNITTING CLUB

I agree I am exited to see the knitting club again!! I am a novice trying to teach myself and I have NOT gotten past hats! The summer doesnt let me knit but we feeling fall in the air so the needles need to start clicking again soon. Funny thing, have any of you noticed this crazy phenomenon, when fall gets near I want to hunker down and get the nest ready for winter. maybe do some knitting and cook a pot roast or stew, but my DH gets the urge to get outside and go hunting and other guy stuff?? I think its hard wired the nesting and providing instinct! Happy knitting cant wait to see what we all do this winter!

i get side tracked with my projects.
smile.png
i have made one baby bootie, i started on a purse but gave up on that one for now! I also tried making a scrunchie.... but it didn't really work. anyone know a great, easy way to make a scrunchie? I just like to knit and make small simple projects
big_smile.png
(I just recently found out you can make words colorful so I'm experimenting) <----
big_smile.png

This is the busiest time of the year for me. The gardens still need weeding and harvesting and with that goes canning. So far I have 65 - 70 pints EACH of green beans and corn. 16 pints sauerkraut, 14 pints stewed tomatoes, 10 pints tomatoes, 14 quarts chicken, 4 quarts chicken stock, 4 quarts & 1 pint spaghetti sauce. I'm not even 1/3 way through canning. I relax when I can and pull out the needles, hooks or wheel and get fiber in every day.

Here are a couple of the skirts I knitted for my granddaughter while she was visiting a couple weeks ago.

kao0806g3.jpg

kao0806h2.jpg

The skirts are so cute! I'm jumping here and there between projects and currently I'm working on a sleeve for my phone. Hopefully I'll finish that
smile.png
I know this doesn't have to do with knitting, but yesterday I cut up two tee-shirts and tied them together to make a crossbody bag. It's not very big, but it's cute! It's more like a prototype though.
smile.png

Hi. I am new to BYC as of last week, and I just found this thread.

I love knitting. But don't have much time for it. I currently have 5 projects going right now: 2 dishcloths, 1 baby afghan, 1 scarf for me, 1 scarf for a friend, and a shawl for my hubby's granny.

If any of you are on Ravelry, you can see my projects there. I am NotSuperWoman on Ravelry too.

I hope to catch up on this thread soon!

Angela

Cool. I'm glad to see this thread.
smile.png

I just finished a Gift Wrap Sweater for my DD and am just waiting on the buttons. I started a hoodie for my middle son, but I'm not sure I like it.

Gift Wrap Sweater size 12mos

IMG_6310.jpg

Striped Gift Wrap Sweater (awaiting buttons) size 12mos

gwsstriped.jpg

I'm Circecat on Ravelry.
smile.png

Last edited:
Circe: very cute sweaters! I am still a beginner but I've knitted that phone case i talked about and I just knitted a dish cloth with eyelet opening.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom