BYC KNITTING CLUB

I've just learnt how to knit an I-cord! They seem useful. Has anyone heard of knitting and i-cord around some earbuds? I think I might go and take a shot at that.....
smile.png

What's everyone working on now?
smile.png
I've made an i-cord around my earbuds so they are soft and bright pink! Right now I'm working on a Purple and Yellow (Go VIKES!!) Phone case for my mom.
smile.png
She's a football person and she needs a case!
big_smile.png
I'm very excited I learnt how to use two different colors
smile.png

I'm working on a sweater for myself with a Fair Isle pattern at the bottom. It's off white and the fair isle strip of 20 rows is done in blue, yellow and burgundy. That will be on the bottom of the sleeves just above the ribbing also. The sweater pattern is a basic one and the fair isle pattern is one from a book of my mum's that she brought over with us from the UK in 1948.

I just started knitting and I must say, I am not a natural born knitter!
lol.png
But I'm plugging away. I made a very ugly (but warm) cowl and am currently working on some equally ugly but functional slippers. One is done, now I just hope the other is at least close enough in appearance that I can wear them in private LOL. Thanks for the mention of the Revelry site!

Please don't get discouraged. The more you knit the easier it gets. My mother taught me as a little girl in the UK during WWII and for many years I didn't knit at all, choosing to quilt or crochet but I've picked it up again through the years and once you learn it isn't easily forgotten. I guess like riding a bike.

Quote:
Thank you
smile.png
No, I'm not discouraged. I have done many crafts, etc and know that Rembrandt wasn't a master the first time he picked up a paint brush. Just making light of my efforts so far. They really could be worse, but there is room for improvement for sure hehe.

i've been knitting for about 2 & 1/2 years.
i am addicted. i want to take this winter to learn to spin my own yarn so i can justify adding some angora bunnies to my homestead.
i am starting tonight on a cable knit sampler afghan of some kind. i can't find any patterns i LOVE so i think i am just going to design my own.
i know i will do a few squares, knit a christmas gift, knit a few more squares... and so on. for what, 10 years or so, and i should have an afghan.
smile.png

i have made a few sweaters but lost 2 of them. my mema says i should knit afghans. they take more time & i probably won't leave them at a gig for some college girl to wear to a frat party. at least, until i can design my own labels or something.

i'm on ravelry, too, i'm angelineabaker.

maybe we could do a christmas knitalong...

has anyone knit their chicken or duck a sweater?

Hey guys! I have a question:
When you are knitting a hat, what materials do you need? Do you need a circular needle? Is that it (besides yarn and basic needle).
I just started knitting a couple months ago. So I am sorry for the dumb question!
Thank you in advance.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom