BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Here is the link to the rooster pattern and I can't get the barn one to come up right now.

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/roostercloth.htm

http://www.designs-by-emily.com/new.php for the barn cloth.

She also has ducks.pigs, lamb and cow I think too.

Just call me the dish cloth pattern enabler
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Scoot...

Found that knitting icon somewhere on another forum.
Just right click on it and " save as" to your own puter then move it to a photo site to use anywhere!

Working on a pair of socks now....time consuming but interesting project.

Great sites that you all have found! Good luck with your projects everyone~!

Sylvia

What does everyone think about a mystery pattern dishcloth or square???
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I think I could manage to write one up so long as no-one expects anything fancy stitch wise
wink.png
LMAO

I'm putting together a shopping bag in a seed stitch no pattern just winging it. If it works I'll take a pic and write the pattern.

wish me luck

does anyone else knit both handed or am I just a weirdo?

Oh and who knits European and who knits american?

And how does everyone cast on cause I have the perfect way , no tail.

Yes, you must show us a pic when it's done!!!
big_smile.png

Both handed? Ok, I'm confused... LOL.... doesn't everyone use both hands to knit???

What's the difference between American and European??? I imagine I must knit American? LOL

Oooo.... do tell how you cast on!

I knit European, which is the yarn in my left hand and my right needle 'picking' it up. The other way is also called throwing which is the yarn in your right hand and throwing it over the needle for each stitch. I vary my cast on by project but quick and easy I go with long tail and work the tail in on the first row of knitting as I knit since I *Hate* sewing tails in

ok well I am left handed but my MIL who taught is right so she taught me right so I don't turn my work around I knit down left and back right. hard to explain

I knit european which is to say I don't throw the yarn over I pick it up with the needle , so if I'm working my stitches off the right needle onto the left I'm holding my yarn with my right hand. If I'm going back knitting the stitches off the left needle onto the right I hold the yarn in my left hand.

This is how I cast on: wrap the yarn around my thumb and forefinger.
holding the ends in your other hand. go over the yarn with your finger and thumb and pinch together like your playing with a chinese jumprope. Place on needle. You will have 2 stitches now take your other needle and put in between the 2 stitches. now just knit it on wrap the yarn, pull it through and place on the needle next to the other 2 stitches .repeat .

this eliminates the need for a tail and it takes care of that first uneven row where some are looser than others .

I hope this is understandable its easy to teach if I could show you.

Hmmm..... I think I might have to refer to some videos somewhere to understand.... I wrap the yarn around the needle and pull through the stitch... so that is American...right? I have only knitted those hats I showed pics of... so I am still new to the terms etc.

Back
Top Bottom