BYC KNITTING CLUB

Quote: Wow!
ep.gif
That explains it!

I've always wanted to go to the Vogue thing. So jealous. Was it amazing? Did you spend so much money you had to hitch-hike home?!

It was Pretty Great. The Class I took -Double Knitting was very cool . The Market Place was Great vendors from all over the world.Yarn that I saw, probably will never see again. Bought tons. Had a real problem with the Hilton- the venue.Do love Maine though I have been to Acadia several times . Stitches in Hartford CT is very nice also It is in October.

I hadn't heard of Stitches. I will have to look into that.

I saw this today & thought you ladies would laugh like I did. The man of the house did NOT see the "funny".

sock question... I knit on 4 douple pointed needles cuf down but I always get "stripes" from where the stitches transfer from one needle to the next. how do I get rid of those lines? I really hate knitting socks with circular needles. Thanks!

I;m not sure of the question but maybe you aren't pulling the yarn tight enough between the needles . Although you shouldn't have to pull it very tight.Good luck

sock question... I knit on 4 douple pointed needles cuf down but I always get "stripes" from where the stitches transfer from one needle to the next. how do I get rid of those lines? I really hate knitting socks with circular needles. Thanks!

Caat,
Those are called 'ladders' and are caused by the stitches between your needles being too loose. A couple stitches before the end of the needle and the couple stitches at the beginning of the needle, give a little tug on the working yarn to snug these stitches up.

Just finished a pair of socks for DH today. A simple stockinette stitch and an after thought heel. They were supposed to be for Valentine'd Day, but he immediately put them on. Cuts down on wrapping paper, I guess!

Back
Top Bottom