BYC KNITTING CLUB

Hello. I just read your post and was thinking....

You may want to look at the throw you made. If it is long and narrow and the edge you were knitting across is on a narrow end, then making more will just make it longer. If the edge you were knitting on is on a long edge then making more will make it more square and may be what you want. Peepacheep has a good idea if it is long and narrow, not what you wanted for a blanket, then repurpose it and make it a shawl or wrap. Another idea, depending on how long it really is, is to use it as a lap blanket. My step-dad took my first try at a blanket (it was probablly 4 times as long as it was wide) and said it was perfect. He folds it over and uses it on his lap and legs when he sits in his recliner(which he does a lot). I would have never thought of that and was so disgusted that it didnt turn out to match what I thought I was making that it had been sitting in a box in the corner for months. Its amazing what a fresh pair of eyes will see. Maybe ask some friends what they think it is...if you are strong enough to hear their answers
smile.png
, and then gift it to one of them. The other option(I really hate to mention it, but it is an option to get what you want), is to frog it(take it apart) and start over. Make sure you figure out how wide you want the blanket and how wide the 60 stitches you used got you and add more this time(if that is what you need).

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

Took the ferry from Long Island to New London CT yesterday to have a short visit with my son and boy did i get a lot of knitting done.Like every one (or maybe not) I have multiple projects going and this year I decided to work through most of them before I start any new ones. although my husband keeps bugging me for a hat.Come on summer so I can put it off for a while.

BonneTerreChick, (great name!) If you are on the west side and on the south end I could have waved to you on the drive up to Corvallis today! I am northeast of Roseburg. Saw 3 adult bald eagles, one juvenile, plus a peregrine flying over the electric green grass fields with this years bouncy lambs. Could not help but wonder what breeds they were and what the yarn spun from their wool would be like. Lovely drive up and a very wet drive back!

Thanks, I've been knitting for years. Just learn how to knit with 2 yarns to do color patterns. I found this yarn and thought it would be perfect for the peafowl. Thinking of entering them in the county fair this summer.

The mittens are beautiful. Took a class on Fair Isle knitting and felt like I had 10 thumbs working with 2 colors.I'll keep at it; just need to get tension right

Peepacheep, actually we are not as far South as I think we are. Grew-up, up around Salem/Dallas and am now down outside of Albany. I always think of the Willamette valley as ending about Eugene, lol, but I tend to forget that the Cascades dont end there.
Most of the sheep I see are a mixture of breeds, especially if you are talking about those that are out on the grass seed fields and not someone's year round pasture. I see some that are hair and some that are wool and some that are mutt(more than I think may be mutt). The hair and hair mixes shed most their coats and on average the wool sheep must be shorn. Characteristics that I can place usually go romney, some sort of leicester(roman nose and woolless head), and meat sheep(like hampshires and suffolk). The wool/yarn from most of the meat breds would be less likely to felt, the leicester wool would felt, have more luster(shine) and may be longer and less fine, and the romney may be similiar to the leicester wool, but probably not as long, a bit more fine and probably more natural colors(not just white). LOL, probably more than you wanted as a response, but I love to look at the sheep.

Back
Top Bottom