BYC KNITTING CLUB

WOW! You are all so busy! Beautiful projects!

I have been working on recreating a pattern for slippers that my mom used to make by the boatload. Her "pattern" was mostly notes and she never wrote down what she did.
So using her notes and the pair of slippers she was working on when she died, I have come up with a pattern and have been test knitting it.

Next up is a prayer shawl for me and some summer items as models for "inspiration" and future classes in my yarn shop.

The previous shawl went to my sister-in-law for those days she needs an extra hug.

Yesterday I made up this shawl. You know what they say! Housework comes before knitting only in the dictionary!! LOL!

It is a simple elongated garter stitch with a picot edge. Pattern is Storm Cloud by Hanna Breetz

I altered it a bit by using Aran weight yarn and size 10-1/2 needles.

After the increase on row 72, I knit 3 rows then finished with a picot bind off. (Bind off one stitch, * cast on 3 stitches using cable cast on, bind off 7 stitches*. Repeat from * to *

Last edited:
I've been working feverishly on a pair of socks for my sweetie to wear when he is at camp during his 2,663 mile hike.
I took a break today because the state of affairs in my stash box was making me crazy. I had all my knitting needles in a ziploc baggie. NIGHTMARE.
Today, I made this:

and I feel so much better!

Thanks to:
http://madebyloulabelle.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-make-knitting-needle-roll.html

I made a few changes, but I will be making another (and a circular needle clutch as well) as soon as I am done with these socks...

Beautiful.. I like the lip on top to hold the longer needles in place...

I've been working feverishly on a pair of socks for my sweetie to wear when he is at camp during his 2,663 mile hike.
I took a break today because the state of affairs in my stash box was making me crazy. I had all my knitting needles in a ziploc baggie. NIGHTMARE.
Today, I made this:

and I feel so much better!

Thanks to:
http://madebyloulabelle.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-make-knitting-needle-roll.html

I made a few changes, but I will be making another (and a circular needle clutch as well) as soon as I am done with these socks...

Back
Top Bottom