BYC KNITTING CLUB

Well, I went to a new yarn store today. Not too far away either and only been open a year. Now I am looking at android phone apps fpr knitting counters. I need one bad, since I will put a project down and not get back to it for weeks. LOL as if I have a real project going yet.

Good morning; Too bad we didn't live closer; I love to teach people how to knit. There are some very good videos on utube if you ever need to know how to work a stitch.Keep pushing yourself and take baby steps.I'll look through my books and see which one I think is a good reference. What you can do is make 12 or so blocks that forces you to do different stitches then knit them together into a small afghan l'll check on patterns I have. Carol (not a typist)

I LOVE to knit but unfortunately I only know the basics. I'm trying to learn more.

Sorry to say I know nothing about apps but but you can buy the little red plastic ones for a few dollars. I have three since I jump around from project to project. Yarn stores are a dangerous place for me.All I can say is stay away from the knitting expos ; they will make you lose your mind
Well, I went to a new yarn store today. Not too far away either and only been open a year. Now I am looking at android phone apps fpr knitting counters. I need one bad, since I will put a project down and not get back to it for weeks. LOL as if I have a real project going yet.

lau.gif
Point taken. I DL two apps last night one called Bee Count and the other Yarn Shop. Yarn shop will do the math of how many skiens to buy for a pattern. Something I need for I am real bad at math.

Sorry to say I know nothing about apps but but you can buy the little red plastic ones for a few dollars. I have three since I jump around from project to project. Yarn stores are a dangerous place for me.All I can say is stay away from the knitting expos ; they will make you lose your mind

Thank ya! I'll definately check those out!

Good morning; Too bad we didn't live closer; I love to teach people how to knit. There are some very good videos on utube if you ever need to know how to work a stitch.Keep pushing yourself and take baby steps.I'll look through my books and see which one I think is a good reference. What you can do is make 12 or so blocks that forces you to do different stitches then knit them together into a small afghan l'll check on patterns I have. Carol (not a typist)

WOW! You are all so busy! Beautiful projects!

I have been working on recreating a pattern for slippers that my mom used to make by the boatload. Her "pattern" was mostly notes and she never wrote down what she did.
So using her notes and the pair of slippers she was working on when she died, I have come up with a pattern and have been test knitting it.

Next up is a prayer shawl for me and some summer items as models for "inspiration" and future classes in my yarn shop.
What do the slippers look like? Do you have a picture? This link shows the type of slippers that a friend's granny made when I was a kid: http://www.favecrafts.com/Knit-Socks-and-Slippers/Grandmas-Knitted-Slippers/ct/1 Chel

Back
Top Bottom