BYC KNITTING CLUB

I put some in the mail today for your birds
I hope this question doesn't offend anyone here but I am in need of yarn scraps, trimmings & little bits so I can make a few nesting kits for the wild bird population on our farm. I only have a small amount since I just finished adding all my extras to my Scrapghan last month.

If it's not too much I am happy to send back postage if you can mail some. I would really appreciate it =) any kind/type of yarn is welcome! Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks for the welcome Peepacheep :)
I have a quick question. I am a newbie knitter, only been knitting a couple of years, and am itching to get beyond washclothes and baby blankets. I found this and can not find a pattern anywhere, someone said they thought it might be a crochet pattern. I have the perfect yarn and baby dreadies that just need a pretty hair sleeve :=). Does anyone have a pattern that would be similiar?

You might do a search on Ravelry for hair sleeve patterns. The search can be fine tuned for knit and/or crochet. It is free to join Ravelry. A lot of patterns are free or a small fee that often goes directly to the person who wrote the pattern. I would think that some cowl patterns might also work for this to broaden your options. The Good Luck cowl comes to mind for this. Should warn you, Ravelry can be almost as addictive as BYC!
big_smile.png

Peepacheep Oh I know all about Ravelry, lol I have searched high and low thru their patterns trying to find something similar. No luck. I hadn't thought about using a cowl pattern though. :)

Last edited:
That looks Amish to me. I would try a search on the net for Hair Sleeve or Amish hair sleeve. See what you get, as it might have other names you can search for a pattern under.

I made this several months ago. Its suppose to be a cowl but I wear it as a head band. I think if you made it a little wider it would work. Its knit as a scarf then knit closed using the kitchener stitch.( You said you wanted to get away from blankets etc.)

What stitch is that called? That looks great!

Its a Skacel pattern. Go to www.skacelknitting.com under free patterns on their home page (left side of page) then under scarfs its the Snowmageddon cowl. I made 14 repeats. since I'm wearing it as a head band I probably should have gone with 13. Maybe in my next life when all my projects are finished. Their site is weird ;I couldn't find a search button. I splurged and used a camel hair yarn. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom