BYC KNITTING CLUB

That looks Amish to me. I would try a search on the net for Hair Sleeve or Amish hair sleeve. See what you get, as it might have other names you can search for a pattern under.

Thanks for the tip, i have tried looking for hair sleeves but for some reason all that comes up is actual sleeves ( like for a sweater) never thought to try adding amish. now that you said that it does look amish :)

Quote:
I second this, it does look great!! and would work, thanks :) fabulous knitting, can't wait until i am beyond knit and purl and squares!!

Hi! I love to knit and I just found this thread. I looked through all of the pages and found some useful information. :)
I have to say that most of the pictures I saw looked awesome, and now I feel envy of knitting skills..
tongue.png

Here is a list of the things that I've made in the past 1 1/2 years:
4 scarves
2 pairs of slippers
3 dishcloths
2 hats
And I'm in the middle of making another scarf and another dishcloth.
I would like to start making something else, like socks, but I'm kind of scared..
(sorry, don't have any pictures..)
:)

With all the hats and scarves you need to make a pair of fingerless gloves( I might try that before socks ) I make them all the time now because of everyone texting now a days.You can co really fancy i.e. cables or plain. You go girl
Hi! I love to knit and I just found this thread. I looked through all of the pages and found some useful information. :)
I have to say that most of the pictures I saw looked awesome, and now I feel envy of knitting skills..
tongue.png

Here is a list of the things that I've made in the past 1 1/2 years:
4 scarves
2 pairs of slippers
3 dishcloths
2 hats
And I'm in the middle of making another scarf and another dishcloth.
I would like to start making something else, like socks, but I'm kind of scared..
(sorry, don't have any pictures..)
:)

With all the hats and scarves you need to make a pair of fingerless gloves( I might try that before socks ) I make them all the time now because of everyone texting now a days.You can co really fancy i.e. cables or plain. You go girl

Yeah, maybe I will, because I don't think I'm quite ready for socks yet :) Do you know of any easy patterns for fingerless gloves? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe I will, because I don't think I'm quite ready for socks yet :) Do you know of any easy patterns for fingerless gloves? Thanks! :)

Good morning I have 2 patterns but both involve cables. I can copy them some time this week and send them to you if you PM me your address. Carol

I love to knit---however I'm not so good with difficult patterns and I've never learned the cable knit
wee.gif

Welcome; Lived in Ithaca for a good long while. Now I'm down on Long Island.It's not difficult at all.First thing you need to do is buy a cable. There are many great tutorials on the computer. You can just make a 12" x 12" with a simple cable running up the front. Good Luck

Welcome; Lived in Ithaca for a good long while. Now I'm down on Long Island.It's not difficult at all.First thing you need to do is buy a cable. There are many great tutorials on the computer. You can just make a 12" x 12" with a simple cable running up the front. Good Luck

Cable needle and 12" x12" block. Never read what I wrote before I hit submit.

Back
Top Bottom