BYC KNITTING CLUB

I decided to try my hand at knitting after trying crocheting. Crocheting seemed easy to pick up on and I thought knitting seemed harder is why I tried crochet first. I did a bear beanie for a baby shower and everyone loved it. After looking it seems like knitting would be easier especially for blankets and less time consuming.

I would like to try and knit some baby and adult hats but not sure where to start. I've seen different videos with the straight needles and some with the circular needles. It seems like the circular needles are better for the hats. I don't know what size of needle to use. I have some worsted 4 ply yarn from when I was doing some crocheting and some I picked up at yard sales. I did even pick up some size 6 and 17 straight knitting needles at a sale too.

For beanie hats for newborns and adults what size of circular needle and yarn should I use? I don't want to waste a lot of money on a bunch of needles till I know it might be something I will stick with doing. With my husband and me trying for a baby and baby showers always popping up I would like to try to make some items.

I decided to try my hand at knitting after trying crocheting. Crocheting seemed easy to pick up on and I thought knitting seemed harder is why I tried crochet first. I did a bear beanie for a baby shower and everyone loved it. After looking it seems like knitting would be easier especially for blankets and less time consuming.

I would like to try and knit some baby and adult hats but not sure where to start. I've seen different videos with the straight needles and some with the circular needles. It seems like the circular needles are better for the hats. I don't know what size of needle to use. I have some worsted 4 ply yarn from when I was doing some crocheting and some I picked up at yard sales. I did even pick up some size 6 and 17 straight knitting needles at a sale too.

For beanie hats for newborns and adults what size of circular needle and yarn should I use? I don't want to waste a lot of money on a bunch of needles till I know it might be something I will stick with doing. With my husband and me trying for a baby and baby showers always popping up I would like to try to make some items.
You can check ravelry.com Its a great site for patterns of all kinds Good luck

What a lovely shawl. Is the one you've started the same color? I still haven't finished the sweater I started during the winter. I have one side and both sleeves to go and add the collar. It has a fair isle border just above the ribbing that takes a little time but have to say I went back to a crochet project and that's been keeping me from it. Another fact is I know I'm going to run out of the basic color, ivory, that I bought at Hobby Lobby the last time I was in OK and the nearest one to me now is three hours away so I need to visit my daughter and also buy more yarn or order it on line.

I just picked up an afghan I started years ago. Worked one row and realize why it isn't done. Its black. It has single handly caused me to need glasses. It is for my son . I started it when he went to college. He's done (along with a masters) and working.Should I give up?????? I probably should find someone to finish it ... Just too many projects and not enough time..

Knitting is much easier but for me it is a lot slower than crochet. If I am in a hurry or impatient I would rather hook it.

Since you have size 6 straights you might want to try my favorite newborn beanie pattern--http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2011/03/knitting-newborn-hats-for-hospitals.html The hats come out the same size as the hospital hats my babies came home in.

I like circ's better than straights especially for hats but don't have any short enough to knit a newborn hat in the round.

Hello rubycanyon; Where can I find these patterns. The green, blue-gray, and the redissh shawl especially . Or do you sell them???
Hey all! I've been knitting for 4-5 years and am happy to have found this group! I didn't get the chance to read through all 142 pages, but are most of you also members on ravelry? Here are a few of my more recent projects:

I've had a tough semester in school and haven't had the chance to get much knitting in, but am looking forward to a summer of knitting, gardening and playing with my chickies!

Hello rubycanyon; Where can I find these patterns. The green, blue-gray, and the redissh shawl especially . Or do you sell them???
Hi Queenchick! The green is called diantha, the blue-grey is called echo flower shawl and the red is called aeolian. They can all be found on ravelry; echo and aeolian are free patterns but I believe diantha has a fee. All three are very fun knits!

Back
Top Bottom