BYC KNITTING CLUB

Pics
Quote:
Hmm... my boss says knitting gets in the way of working, and my husband says he's going to have "Just one more row" engraved on my headstone
tongue.png

Hugs,
Cat.

Quote:
Hmm... my boss says knitting gets in the way of working, and my husband says he's going to have "Just one more row" engraved on my headstone
tongue.png

Hugs,
Cat.

That's cute. My DH says little, but I'm sure that the house full of yarn doesn't excite him.

I want to knit my husband another sweater. He's got a couple already, but I want to knit a v-neck for him this time, which he requested. I've been looking at yarn, but he's driving me just slightly crazy.
big_smile.png

I thought he'd want an earthy green or brown, maybe in a tweed, but he said blue. I guessed navy, but he wanted medium blue, not navy. After my doctor's appointment the other day, we stopped to look at yarn. He didn't like the medium blue, he wanted navy. Then he picked out a dark green yarn with flecks, in a chunky weight. I don't have any patterns for chunky! :eek: As it turned out, their dye lots were all mixed up and you could tell a difference between some of the skeins.

Are there any online places to buy yarn, that match dye lots? If so, I'll buy it there. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do. I still need to look for a man's v-neck 2x sweater pattern, but that shouldn't be too bad. I can always make my own up, too, I guess. It's a good thing I totally adore my husband!

I've just finished...

...wiping the blood off the walls that is :mad:

As I wanted to knit the same cardigan in 3 different colours, and a fourth in stripes, I decided to knit the parts together (all the left fronts, then all the right fronts, etc).

Well, after completing all the left fronts and 1 right front, I started reading the instructions for the back...

Oh, how I wish I had done that before I started any of it.

I should have been warned by the fact that the numbers in the instructions for the left and right fronts didn't match up (I checked the numbers myself 3 times and got several friends who knit to check too). Between me and all the great knitty minds around me, we managed to work out what the instructions SHOULD say...

There is no way to get the back to match though, and needless to say I am furious.

Now I need to unpick everything to save the yarn, and find a new pattern for a functional, every-day cardigan (which is proving to be harder than I thought, as what I have in mind seems to be incredibly "granny-ish" and out of fashion right now...

Oh well, I'm now going to drown my sorrows with a whole bar of chocolate, and several gallons of tea!!

Hugs,
Cat.

Back
Top Bottom