BYC Member Interview - WVduckchick

I always tell people my brain is like an Etch-a-Sketch. Every time I shake my head, everything disappears
duc.gif

I guess I can show the start of our latest project:

The "finished" one is old, but I just got it painted this weekend. Then we are adding the new one for my Lavender Orpingtons, for when we get them moved.
Still have to put the roof on the new one, cut in doors & windows, all that good stuff. Then build the run around the new one, connected to the old one. That way, if I want to cut through the fence and let them mingle, I can. But the plan is to leave the LO's locked up separately. The Comets and Roos have an automatic door, and they free-range all day. The coops aren't the prettiest things, but they will be functional!

Quick funny story I will add... I was painting Saturday and heard a commotion over the hill. The chickens had all gone wandering and one of the roosters would not stop crowing. I thought some predator was nearby or something. I grabbed the pistol (off my hip) and walked toward the woods, in the direction of his cries. As I got to the wood line, I passed by hubby's brush-hog, covered by a tarp. I heard chicken noises coming from under the tarp! Peeked in through a gap and saw the other rooster and one hen.... let's just say they had made a cozy little spot on the grass clippings on the brush-hog. So I guess they found a spot to be alone, and the other rooster was looking for them!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom