"BYC MEMBERS" Babies are Hatched! 04/01/09 - Pic Heavy!

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
My mid-eighties FIL graduated from Univ. of Delaware many years ago, and still follows his "Fightin' Blue Hens" closely. He was tickled no end when he found out I had ordered Delaware Blue eggs from fellow BYC'er Bec, just for him. So here's to you, Dad!

The eggs arrived today, beautiffuly and carefully packed. Twelve DB's, and a variety pack of EE's, Orps, and RIR, all sired by a Partridge Cochin. Not a single egg was even cracked.

The grand opening- Bec's daughter made a special drawing just for me and it is now on the wall above the incubator.

14937_bingo_investigating_eggs.jpg

Dogs and cats had to sniff test it all first-
14937_cheddar_investigating_eggs.jpg

Incredibly good packing job, 5 year old daughter kissed each bubble wrapped egg for luck!
love.gif

14937_egg_packaging.jpg

Ready for the incubator!
14937_eggs_ready_to_go_in_turner.jpg

My huge-amongous THANKS to Bec for the pretty eggs, and to K. for the lucky kisses and drawing of us on the swings!
thumbsup.gif

If all goes as planned, they should hatch April first! April Fools to go with the Mardi Gras babies hatched on Fat Tuesday!

Last edited:
I know, I just posted in another thread about it- I whispered, so I wasn't hijacking.
wink.png

What are you hatching?

Thanks, Bec, I couldn't find it right away!

They are such bee-you-tee-full chickens.

cool very nice, we can be hatching buddies it seems i like hatching on holidays my lil duckling was born on valentines lol i have 38 eggs due on the 31st/1st so i know i will have some hatch on aprils fools i cant wait well good luck

Oh yeah, they are VERY beautiful
love.gif
Its amazing after 2 years of this i am still learning new breeds. I cant get over how many different varieties there are. AussieSharon just taught me about Red Caps
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom