BYC members in Massachusetts?

IMG_6090.PNG
IMG_6107.PNG
Beautiful blue Ameraucana from a local breeder 9 week old chick for sale in Grafton. Possibly a hen, there are no sign of saddle feathers but the dark blue tips on wings and pinkish comb at this age suggests Rooster. Would like to recoup $10 if possible(I paid more) but would rehome for free if need be. DM if interested:)

We are thinking of moving to Templeton MA or towns in that area. I'm looking for chicken friendly towns. We will be on 2 acres hopefully. I'm just wonder what experiences people have had. Currently I am in Rehoboth and haven't had any problems but we are looking to move. Thanks

Just FYI I no longer have my cockerels. My swedish flower went to an awesome home and I just dropped off my Light Brahma and my Barred Rock this morning. I am now rooster free and down to only 7 hens.

Just rehomed my blue Ameraucana yesterday, I'm now Rooster free and am very happy with my 8 hens.

Literally rehomed 11 roosters this year- all wonderful local family farm homes.

Just FYI I no longer have my cockerels. My swedish flower went to an awesome home and I just dropped off my Light Brahma and my Barred Rock this morning. I am now rooster free and down to only 7 hens.

Anyone interested in a black/white EE cockerel? Someone in my town ended up with an oops male and doesn't want to keep him. Wanted me to ask around before he goes off to auction.

In Bedford MA.
2 sussex, 2 NH reds, all Hens. No roo's allowed in this town.

In 2 years I will be moving a little more West of here for a farm so I can have LOTS of chickies @!

:)

How many use Organic feed? What do you use and do you like it?

In Bedford MA.
2 sussex, 2 NH reds, all Hens. No roo's allowed in this town.

In 2 years I will be moving a little more West of here for a farm so I can have LOTS of chickies @!

:)

How many use Organic feed? What do you use and do you like it?

Bedford isn't rural enough for you?? It's not like there's a lot of traffic or anything.

I didn't know they allowed any chickens. I did see a few in the backyard of a house on Hillside Ave a couple of times but that was years ago. They were covertly sneaking under the fence and were scratching along the narrow gauge rail trail.

Sorry, can't help you with the organic feed question. It's too expensive for me but then I have a lot more birds.

Back
Top Bottom