BYC members in Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by masschix, Apr 29, 2008.

1. vmdanielsen

vmdanielsen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    Anybody know if Trader Joes in Massachusetts, sells fertilized eggs? And if so, which ones? Thank you vey much!!
    Ginny

2. whitejerabias

whitejerabias Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2011
    Hi JLapaire! I am in your area! I don't have birds yet and will be moving further north, but I am down in the valley until the new year. [​IMG]

3. JLapaire

JLapaire New Egg

Feb 17, 2010
    Hi Whitejerabias - headed to VT? I just ordered 4 Red Stars and 4 EE from MyPetChicken for early March. Kinda pricey, but don't have to get 25.

Ginny - The Trader Joe's here doesn't sell fertilized eggs. I've been in a jillion times and never seen them, and a friend who works there says they don't.

John

4. vmdanielsen

vmdanielsen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    West Lebanon, NY
    Quote:Thanks John. I had heard that it was a west coast thing but, I thought I'd ask.

Ginny

5. 3 NH reds

3 NH reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    Thanks masschix for telling me about the MA site. We are new this year to this but it has been fun. Raising 3 NH Reds 3 Golden Commet's and three Buff Orpington's for eggs to see what breed does the best. Next year WE plan to add 2 more runs and add meat chicken's and turkey to the mix.

6. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    We have a few turkeys--they harass the marans roosters; my boys run out quick to stop the turkey. I plan to separate the groups to reduce the harassment.

Otherswise the turkeys like to walk me to my car everyday. Makes backing up a very slow event! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  7. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    I have a pair of buff ducks and a pair of toluse geese for sale if any one is interested. And a pair of doves.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. MummyToTwins

MummyToTwins Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    Marblehead MA
    Hello! I'm in Marblehead MA and I'm looking forward to getting ducks in the spring.

9. Toi-toi

Toi-toi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Central MA
    Last night, my town's animal control officer came to my house and asked me how many chickens we got.
    He said he has to report/register which houses have how many chickens to states for disease control.
    Did anyone hear about this???

10. kannna

kannna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2010
    Martha's Vineyard

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by