BYC members in Massachusetts?

I'm in upstate NY and had a larger than expected hatch of chicks from NPIP breeders all over the country Ik it's not a "normal" time of year for chicks but was hoping to find them homes some auto sexing some straight run some rarer breeds including east fresian gulls and Bielfelders CCL pair, specked Sussex etc I have more in the bator including silkie/isbar mixes isbars. Isabel leghorns, BCM's and English orps also going in the bator.... Lmk if your interested priced to move and would meet to deliver. Dont want to ship

Made me nervous to see, but they did just seem to run past pretty fast. A lot of animals come through my yard to get to the other side of the wooded area. Seems to be mostly during hunting season. 

That makes sense. And yeah, we have a lot of turkeys right now i cause hunting season is starting soon

Does anyone know where in MA to buy pullets? (not necessarily now) I would like to add 2-3 more hens to my flock. I raised peeps last year, so I'm not ready to do it again for a bit. I have 2 coops, 1 which I will sell in the Spring (but could hold on to for a short time), but not 2 runs. I've found a couple places nearby with more common breeds, but I'm looking for a maran and an australorp.

Anyone looking for a BCM rooster? I took in a rescue of sorts last year. He was bald, bleeding, and infested with bugs. It took forever, but he's all better now and ready for a fresh start. He's about 75% through his molt and gorgeous. He throws beautiful babies. They look like little bear cubs. I'm over loaded with roosters. With the weather changing he needs out of the chicken tractor and into a coop with ladies of his own. I'm frequently on the North Shore of Mass. and would gladly deliver. "Baboon" is free to a good home.

My first winter with my 7 girls. 4 from April, 3 from June. I was planning to winterize in December, about when I take in my fig trees. That sound about right?

Good morning! I'm curious about what you all use for the floor of your run? We've gone through a few different things but none seem to be quite right. I'm worried about their feet as we head into winter
1f644.png

Back
Top Bottom