BYC members in Massachusetts?

Pics
Anyone going to the Northeastern Poultry Conference? It's Jan 14th & 15th in Springfield, Mass. There will be a BYC table there, where BYCers can meet up and take a load off. Anyone willing to field questions at the table from the general masses for an hour or more is eligible for a 6 month GFM upgrade -PM Stoopid for details.

Hope to see you there! I'll be in my newly acquired blue (and man, is it blue!) BYC hoodie. -Martha

Quote:
Must be Massachusetts. We're in Marblehead and before we can get our ducks we have to get the approval of all of our abutters, go before the Board of Health, petition to be allowed to keep back-yard fowl, pass an inspection.

So far three of our four abutters have signed our letter but we're getting a bit nervous that the last one has an issue. I have to go over there and ask in person I suppose.

Still, better than a violation. I hope it works out.

Hi, Massachusetts BYC I live in Rehoboth,Mass , southeastern Mass, Mass , Rhode Island coast line.

Originally from Somerville, Mass, outside of Boston

OH, to the person who lives in Barre, Mass, my dad owns land on Williamsville Road, Hubbardston

Sandi

Hi, Marblehead Resident, if Jonathan Kraft can have chickens in Brooline, why not you?/

Having grown up outside of Boston, Marblehead et all, was the wealthy area.

Quote:
Must be Massachusetts. We're in Marblehead and before we can get our ducks we have to get the approval of all of our abutters, go before the Board of Health, petition to be allowed to keep back-yard fowl, pass an inspection.

So far three of our four abutters have signed our letter but we're getting a bit nervous that the last one has an issue. I have to go over there and ask in person I suppose.

Still, better than a violation. I hope it works out.

Good luck with your neighbor. If they have any concerns perhaps you can allay them quickly. I agree that having conversations like those up front is the way to go.

Cheers!

Jim

Our town got rid of it's ACO a few years ago as a budget cutting measure
roll.png
. I try not to annoy my neighbors as a courtesy. No one on the town level realy cares as far as I know. But, I also watch out for runamuck dogs and had to put a fence up to protect the girls.

Martha's Vineyard, surely you have a health agent, who does quarantines on dog bites, cat bites, persons or animals biten by bats?/

Also, it is mandated reporting to the State every year, the number of cattle and fowl in the town and mandatory barn and coop inspections.

Back
Top Bottom