Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
I had an interview a week ago and am glad to see that BYC got some good press!!

A few excerpts:

"There's definitely a growing movement," says 33-year-old Rob Ludlow, the Bay Area operator of BackyardChickens.com and the owner of five chickens of his own. "A lot of people really do call it an addiction. Chickens are fun, they have a lot of personality. I think people are starting to see that they're really easy pets—and they actually produce something in return."

BackyardChickens.com logs some 6 million page views each month and has some 18,000 members in its forum, where community members share colorful stories (giving a chicken CPR), photos (from a California chicken show), even look to each other for comfort. "I am worried that non-BYC people won't understand why a 34-year-old woman would cry over a $7 chicken," writes a Stockton, N.J., woman, whose chicken was killed by a hawk.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/168740

BTW, only 18,000 members? That was SOOOOO last month!
thumbsup.gif

woot.gif
when I first joined this site I never thought I would be on it this much and it has grown a lot and I hope it keeps growing. Everyone needs chickens!!

That is so cool!!!! When we got our chickens last year, I was actually embarassed. Now I'm OH SO PROUD!!!!! I'm so grateful for this site - don't know what I'd do without all of you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom