**BYC= Most friendly website?**

Quote:
Its mainly the folks who are snotty to people who don't meet their standards and newcomers, so no I don't think you're part of it.
tongue.png

ray's two cents :

Quote:
When I said nice ones, I did mean "mostly." I've seen some jerks here as well, but this place is pretty much candyland compared to some places of GJF. Heck, I really only hang there because of the stories. When they go away I'll go away.
tongue.png

GJF is basically one big dogfight if you're not part of the "main clique."

Oh yeah, of course, I know what you mean. I only rate signatures and stuff in GJF anymore, because I can talk to people on those threads who aren't part of the "mainstream". Mainstream has always been too full-on for me, I prefer lurking in the shadows and coming out now and again.
tongue.png

Yep, that's what I do as well. I got tired of trying to fit in and just decided to come here
tongue.png

Quote:
Its mainly the folks who are snotty to people who don't meet their standards and newcomers, so no I don't think you're part of it.
tongue.png

*Whew* Alright, good.
tongue.png
hugs.gif

I know BYC has been a lifesaver to me. Around this time last year I was laid up after a heart attack and couldn't do anything except watch tv and cruise BYC. I had been a member for years, just seldom posted, but this past year it has kept me sane. I can't speak for any other forums, because this is the only one I'm a member of. I'm pretty computer stupid. I can find BYC, check my mail and look up something, that's about it.
I joined facebook for a couple of months and that was an eye opening experiance for sure. Does anyone really care what you are wearing, where you are eatting or how your socks smell? It made me depressed, so I deleted my account.
I don't know about "cliques" here on BYC, but there are some that I tend to reply to more than others simply because I know them better. I have met some wonderful people here, those who make me laugh, make me think, and several who have made me a more educated person.
And anyone who feels left out? Send me a message, I'll talk to anyone.
tongue.png

MFB ^ is one of the BYCers I tend to "follow" because he is just a wonderful fellow.

Here in BYC, I have some wonderful friends I have never met, would love to meet, and a few people I have actually met face-to-face to become dear, dear friends.

If I'm not incubating, I mostly hang out in Random Ramblings. Or sidle into Stories & Pictures of My Chickens, because I just love looking at other folks' poultry!

Quote:
true..i just hope they don't make the new BYC website too complicated...
hmm.png

X2

I'm scared I'll never figure it out. I'll have to sweet talk some of the smart younger crowd to help me learn everything all over again.

yeah they should keep the same layout but change the colors or something lol make it 3D

Yes I'll agree that the Backyard is a pretty friendly place to hang out.

And what makes it that way is each and every one of us, from those with
big-number posts to the new members very first post.

As a Spook, I tend to run around loose in Random Ramblings but I've stuck
my beak in a few other places. No "cliques" here...just a whole bunch of good
friends. Always room for one more, so feel free to respond to any thread.
Just pull up a chair.

And remember to watch out for Miss Em...she's been known to hi-jack a thread
here and there. Matter of fact, I'm wondering how this one got to five whole pages
without being taken over. An oversight I'm sure she'll rectify.

But it's each one of us, as members, laughing together that makes this such a
great place. (with maybe a little teeny help from the mod's at making us be good.)

Spook

Back
Top Bottom