BYC Poo Page - Warning, Pictures

She is back up to 4.6lbs, but I think she should be up to 5.5 or 6lbs by now.

Questions....

1. How much Corid did you give and how many days did you give it?
2. How much Safeguard did you give and how many days did you give it?
3. How much Tylan did you give how many days did you give it?

-Kathy

Edited to add:

4. When did you give the above medications?

Last edited:
First round was in November I think. .5ml Safeguard for 5 days and .4ml Corid for 3 days. I was also giving probiotics at the same time. I now know this was wrong. December I got the Tylan and gave .4ml (orally)for 4 days. In January I started another round of Safeguard 1ml for 5 days and Corid .5ml for 3 days. I waited until the 5 days was over to start the probiotics this time. No more watery poo with green chunks like the pics that are being quoted, but the most solid it has been is about the consistency of pudding.

All published info I have read says that it should be given at least twice a day, and at much higher doses than you gave. You gave 20mg, which is not nearly enough according to what I have read. On iPad now and can't post pictures and links easily... Will post Tylan dosing info later.

I'm not saying that Tylan will cure her, just that you probably didn't give enough.

-Kathy

Also not sure how effective a daily dose of Corid for three days is. It probably works better is it's given several times a day or just in the drinking water. Often I will give an oral dose like you did, but that's in addition to their medicated water. Make sense?

-Kathy

don't know if this is much help, but i pasted a couple charts together
This are the poops ive had from my girl. In order Ps I have been feeding greens after that first picture so I have to take that into account.
At this point was eating good and had bird seed with other mixed things I used as scratch I only ga e her a tablespoon .. not heaping. . And spinach greens garlic and a mixed with apple cinnamon turmeric and molasses she did good on it for three days.. then I was lucky she would eat spinach.
This is this afternoon projection a good four inch clearance. I think her bun bun is swollen I going to get a better photo.

Last edited:
This is two days of water lucky to get her drinking cream this morning with vitamins

I washed poop off and it looks as if she plucked her feathers its coverage is scarce possible swelling? Poop STINKS!!!!

Last edited:
generally stinky poo is a bacterial infection, so that would be a hint on that-i haven't read the whole thread, are you using antibiotics?

on corid, don't give vitamins or probiotics at the same time, you are treating to kill cocci, adding vitamins back in or probiotics you nullify the corid- so essentially are not treating- what i do is 3 days corid,no additives, 3 days vitamins, then another 3 on corid, i use powdered corid

Last edited:
Also not sure how effective a daily dose of Corid for three days is. It probably works better is it's given several times a day or just in the drinking water. Often I will give an oral dose like you did, but that's in addition to their medicated water. Make sense?

-Kathy

Treating the water is hard because of the way I have it setup. My three girls are only drinking about 1/2 to 1quart of water total and my water tank holds 5 gallons. Making fresh water every day is a pain I didn't make it to drain easy, just fill. I do have a 1 quart bottle setup I use when the main system freezes. I could not figure out the right dosage for 1 quart and if it is ok to give to all three birds I cannot isolate her with my current setup.

Back
Top Bottom