BYC Recognition Awards - Educator, Friend, Spirit, & Greeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is where you are going to find many people. Post leading up to yours clearly show an institutional memory operating based on posting history.
There is no institutional memory. Members are responsible for their own posts. The Staff doesn't post for them. The Staff doesn't hold people's hands and advise them not to post something that might be taken wrong. The member does that.

I did word that last sentence rather clumsily, didn't I? What I should have said was "more helpful and kind than I must have been in my previous posts." Oh, well. ;)
YES! This is a great example. Say (example only) someone was all out flaming other members, warned, talked to by Staff, yet was nominated for a friend award. Well they are not being very friendly, right? So yeah, they would get passed up this quarter. Then the following quarter, gets nominated again. I look at their posts AGAIN and think "Wow, what a turnaround! Kind friendly, no issues." And on to the short list they go.

And although I told myself that I wouldn't get involved.......

I'm not in this for the badges, I'd be a total liar if I said that recognition from others means nothing. These badges mean a lot to those who earned them - and I said earned, not won - and are a wonderful incentive to always try to do a little better.

+1 on both

:goodpost:

Actually we talked about content of a thread encouraging a badge award.
I used to rate the quality of my posts using the old ovation award. I tried to keep it so that one of every 3.25 posts had an ovation . it helped me keep the quality of my post higher. unfortunately , I can't do that with the new Trophy award system because it Awards larger chunks of work than the everyday post Ovation did. However, I still keep an eye on the posts to try to make them the best I can. it's just a different world now.
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom