BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

Quote:
lau.gif
You know me well!
I actually looked - Terrie has up prices etc. on her page, so YES when I'm ready I will send her a pm or email and see if she will have time to do that for me... I can't IMAGINE trying to do it by hand!
th.gif

i'm sending some to Terrie too! She'll soon have more work than she knows what to do with. Now that Christmas is over I need to go buy backing fabric, then they are on there way.
big_smile.png

Regarding hand quilting, I have a 6 block sampler I am quilting by hand, The learning instructions were to do it all by hand,making the patterns, templates, all peiceing, blocks, sashing. so now I am quiling in a hoop. maybe I am one third done.
On Wednesday mornings, there is a group of ladies from a local church.
they are quilting on a frame, and meet once a week. Somestimes I join them.
They hand quilted a twin size log cabin quilt for me charged me 80. I am thrilled with thier work.

Thanks for the comments on the quilt Chevy and Scrambled... Wildsky, why dont you just do a large rag quilt? They take no time to do and you can use different stitch styles in each block.

That way you can get done sooner and then you can enjoy the nursing home
lau.gif

Quote:
LOL - The fabric thats on its way might not do well as a rag quilt, I'll see when it gets here, but I want it to last FOREVER... yeah I'll take it to the nursing home with me, COMPLETED.. LOL

Quote:
If I had to wait to make something to keep warm, I would have frozen to death last winter....
lau.gif

I BUY blankets to keep warm!
lau.gif

I tried free motion quilting on my machine. I even took a class. It still looked reminiscent of a 3 year old's first attempt to write the alphabet.
ep.gif

I dont think that I would ever take on quilting an entire quilt by hand. Yikes, that's dedication. When the power was out, recently, I sewed a couple chicken pin cushions by hand ..... and by candlelight...... and gained new respect for my ancestral womenfolk and the work they did daily.

Chel

Hey Chel, I quilted a small throw quilt but it was nothing fancy. I just quilted in the ditch. I sure would like to get one of those LAM's. In my dreams, only in my dreams.

Ive quilted in the ditch and simple diagonal lines without too much trouble, but it was the free motion stuff that threw me.

The neurons just dont fire fast enough in my brain to signal my hands to direct the quilting where it should go. Instead, I get chickenscratching designs. Normally I have decent hand - eye coordination but apparently not when speed is involved. D'Oh.

chel

Back
Top Bottom