BYC SEWING/QUILTING CLUB

I have always tried to remember what one of my quilting teachers years ago told the class (Jinny Beyer!!)..there may come a time that your work will enter a show..do the best that you can and something you will be proud to show..it only takes a little extra time..this being said..I machine sew bias binding (not store bought)on front and flip to back, hand sew done using small stitches..but I have made baby quilts for Childrens Home & Ronald McDonald house that was all machine made. I take into consideration "where the quilt is going"..

This rule has caused me some heartache too though. Five years ago i started collecting fabric to make my oldest son (now 25) a quilt..I hand designed the entire quilt..lots of applique..of things that were important to him/his life..hunting, fishing,birthplace etc.Many hours of work..I gave it to him..sort of..at Christmas last year..I could not let him take it with him until he is settled with where he is living and with whom..hopefully a wife before long..he understands..he asked me to bring it along when we come visit him in August to show girlfriend and her parents..haha

Quote:
Hey! what part of NC are you in? My daughter is in Jacksonville and she quilts and I do too. Part of me will always be in NC as I lived there many years. I'm in CA now in the high desert but go back to visit. I'm also a self taught quilter. I always did them by hand until my daughter got me going on machine quilting. I've made several baby quilts and my biggest was a Grandmothers Flower Garden, each flower different and made from material I made my children's clothes out of. My daughter said she wanted it left to her in my will but I gave it to her last year when I was back there.

I am just northwest of Charlotte between the towns of Stanley and Mt. Holly. I've been here for about 18years now but I'm getting the itch to move again. Born and raised in southern NJ but have traveled around a bit. AZ, PA, FLA, and now NC. I hear the desert calling my name again....

Quote:
Interesting that Acre is using that "Quilting for Dummies" book !
That's all I will say ! Good morning Acre !!!!!!!!
hide.gif

Yep.....but that cleaning for dummies book i sent you must have been very interesting
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
hide.gif

Yep.....but that cleaning for dummies book i sent you must have been very interesting
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I need one of those!!!

Quote:
hide.gif

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Didn't do a bit of good !
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I still hate cleaning house !!!!!!!!!
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

So many other fun things to do and they will just get it dirty and I will have to clean it all over again !
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

Why don't men sit down if they can't aim ?
barnie.gif

Quote:
I know where you're at. It's a nice area. Besides my daughter living in NC I also have an army son stationes at Ft. Bragg and he lives in Hope Mills.

Quote:
Because their dreamin'

gig.gif
then reality sets in
gig.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

made me wet my pants !!!!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif
Thanks alot ! You cant do that to us old gals Acre !!!!!!!!
lau.gif

Quote:
Because their dreamin'

gig.gif
then reality sets in
gig.gif

Or they didn't have a mother and two older sisters who would stand outside the bathroom door and hand them the scrub brush, cleanser and disenfectant everytime they came out of the bathroom until they were properly housebroken!
lau.gif
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom