BYC Spring 2009 Quilt Block Swap Signups CLOSED BLOCKS IN MAIL 4/17

Patchesnposies~thank you so much for the compliment and no one would be disappointed in your work IMHO. It is so much fun to get all the different blocks its like a present
ya.gif

Went and put another block together but this one has green in it
100_0476.jpg

Last edited:
Cute cute cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the blocks Doodle!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Cockadoodlemom-your fabric is adorable! I love it!

I'd really like to join this swap, but I am not as talented as some of you ladies and would hate for anyone to be disappointed in my blocks!!!

I am going to have to reread the first post and figure out if I will be able to beat the deadline of March 21.

How many blocks would I have to make for each person?

Patches!!! Please don't think that at all..I am a total rookie quilter!!!! It's not my swap but I'm sure everyone here would say WELCOME!!!!! Please join!!!
wink.png

Amy,
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
for your son.​

Last edited:
Hey Patches I love all the blocks from the swaps from beginers to pro's. I would be happy to get a block from you. A nine patch is easy to make and looks great in any quilt.

You make one block for everyone signed up for the swap. Amy who is running the swap thinks there will be no more than 20, I think there is like 8 or 9 right now. Amy has a sick son so she hasn't been on. She will update when she gets back I am sure.

You only have till Feb 10 to join but you have till March 22 to send the blocks out to Amy. If you join right now and do only 1 block a day you can do it with time to spare.

Welcome sure hope you join.

I just love everyone's ideas!! Cute cute fabric --

IMO I don't think anyone is "criticting" (sp) anyone's blocks. Don't look at the back of mine!!!
gig.gif
Many of us, including me, have only been quiting a very short time!!! I know I am just happy to receive blocks from my chicken friends!!!
love.gif

Thanks everyone, for the encouraging words. I have decided to face my fear, LOL, and sign up for this swap. I signed on to the monthly one as I figured that I can manage the once a month block.....this will challenge my organizational skills.

I am a homeschooling mother of three (8, 9, and 11) and we are also adopting our three foster babies (2, 3, and 4). (Not to mention all of the chickens at various stage3s of growth. So my days are very full.

I have decided quilting can be my down time!

If we chose to do both pieced blocks and applique do we mail all we make to Amy and she decides who to send them to?

I have a book with some basic patterns (think those old time-y nine patch squares!) and a couple have a teensy amount of applique on them too.

I only make one block per person? I will PM Amy and let her know. Going to get started right away!

Pray for me!

Do I have to make a different pattern for each or can I make the same two over again?

Patches glad to see you are in. You can make the same block for everyone if you make two different ones I am sure Amy can decide who get what.

Again glad ya jump on with us. You will love the blocks ya get.

I figured on 15 people and cut alot of my fabric yesterday..still have triangles to cut from the chicken wire fabric and the small squares from the patchwork and then just the sewing left so I feel sure I will make the deadline now...yes I am compulsive but the organizing part of that is not so bad when you work on so many different crafts! Here is my fabric for this swap..
HPIM9889.jpg

That is soooo cute!! I looked everywhere for chickie fabric around here - all I could find were the "cartoon" chickens and cows. I really, really like that!

So glad you're in!

Back
Top Bottom