Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Just got this:
database error_1.png

So, uh, just throwing in my two cents here.
I have some light sensitivity issues and I keep my screen a little dimmer. If I look at very bright screens all day I tend to get inflamed veins in my eyes, need special eyedrops, etc.

A couple other notes. I really like the idea of positive-only reactions which is why I've enjoyed likes and ovations in the past. This current reaction scheme leaves a lot to be desired in fostering a positive environment. I understand it's mirroring Facebook. Is Facebooks culture the kind of culture we're leaning towards?

I'm sad that profile pictures are now round. It leaves less space for the actual image but requires the same image size. My PP looks just dumb now and I'll have to adjust it by shrinking it further to make it fit even though the width and height of the image file stays the same. :T But that's a bit more nitpicky and way easier to adjust to.

I agree that there are a lot of older people on this forum, and also I agree about the positive only reactions. It creates a lot of negativity and hurtfulness when people are downvoted per se, for the slightest remark.... which will cause people to not return and contribute to the community. Amazon got rid of those on their reviews which I thought was a really good decision.
And I loved the badges and the years at BYC showing on the profile...they were colorful and also gave me an idea of how active that person was, etc. The letters being so close together and so small and GREY, now the figures look and feel so insignificant.

The BYC logo is not displaying for me. My BYC is naked :eek:
The issue if present on both my iPad and iPhone.
I am using safari.
View attachment 2002277

Also, I cannot upload from my photo library on my iPad. I tried changing my profile pic, tried uploading a photo to this thread. It keeps saying there are no photos on this iPad. But there are thousands!

View attachment 2002283
Someone needs to charge their phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom