Announcement BYC Updated - Post Questions, Concerns, Issues, & Praise Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP NEEDED!!!

I'm putting this thread in the newsletter and I want to update this thread's first post with a bunch of "favorite features" and aspects of the new update.

Can y'all help?

Please either reply with info and screenshots of what you love best, or a link in this long thread with a feature that you like best, and then I can link to some of them from the first post.

Thank you!!!!

This is pretty cool. Didn't see it in previous version. When attaching an image a Drop Box appears, to which you can just click on an image file in Windows Explorer, or click on any image anywhere, and drag it to the drop box. Voila! Even if the BYC page is completely hidden, you can drag the image to the browser tab in the Windows status bar, or the BYC tab in your browser, and the BYC page will appear.

2020-01-16_094238.jpg

Last edited:
What else am I missing
Perhaps not as fancy as the ones you mentioned, but I like these too:
  • Conversation multi-quote
  • Conversation with self
  • Bookmarks for articles
  • More media options
    xenforo media_1.png

• Inline spoilers (click on blurred text to view)
    this is an inline spoiler
    xenforo inline spoiler_1.png
    xenforo inline spoiler_2.png

• Tables
    xenforo table_1.png

• Post preview
    xenforo preview.png

• Rich text profile post option
    xenforo profile post options.png

• Easier custom color selection, just enter the hex number of the color you want.

xenforo hex color.png

• More media options.
    xenforo media_1.png
That's it for now, gotta get me some caffeine!

Last edited:
One thing that I like is how the post count of each subforum on the forum list is shortened, like to 104.7K from 104,700. It just looks cleaner, IMO.
I like that the article section isn't defaulted to Views in sections any more.
I'm not sure if it's done by rating or reviews but it seems to be consistent across the sections now.
It's done by rating, but I'm pretty sure that it also includes reviews.

I have a question - not sure if it is my stupidity or an issue with the site. When I try to post a photo from my phone it ends up sideways with no way to rotate it. I don't have that issue on my PC. But I do on my iPhone. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
I was having this issue before the update, when I would try and resize the photo from within my phone, so it may have something to do with resizing the photo? It was happening before the update and still is but I’ve assumed it is an issue with the iPhone not the site.

I see you are correct, the article bookmarks are for all users, but post bookmarks are PFM only. I will edit my post.
I thought that post bookmarks were open to regular members, but I checked the permissions, and it looks like they're not. We may open them up to regular members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom