BYC Writer thread

sad.png

Have you ever wondered about your friends? Like, if they are talking behind your back? I never did, but I
should’ve known…
(A couple weeks back)​
I woke up early, tired, and annoyed by my stupid alarm clock. I reached for it and tumbled off my bed. Slowly standing up, I hit my dumb alarm clock off, “I hate Mondays! Might as well be Garfield!” I slipped on my old slippers and walked over to my vanity. Brushing my knotted brown hair, I got a text from my friend Taylor, Emma, youre gonna be late 4 school! I looked at the time and freak! It was already 8am! The bus comes in 5 minutes! I thought to myself, changing into dark jeans and a long ugly blue shirt. I sped down stairs, running past my mom and little brother, I ran out the door.
I ran to the bus stop, and barely made it.
“Emma! What do you think you are doing!? You almost missed the bus!”
My friend Taylor said as she walked onto the bus. Loud bangs came from us walking onto the steps.
“Sorry, I don’t know what happened! My alarm clock went off late, but…” realized something, “Jeremy! Oh Im gonna kill him!”
“Ha ha, you and your brother crack me up!”
“Ha ha, so funny!”
I mimicked Taylor. I sat in a seat I was assigned across from her. My phone made a ding sound and I covered it, because we weren’t suppose to have phones out on the bus. I checked my text from Taylor, hoping no one heard the noise,
What up with your shirt?!

(This is a story I am writing for school. Tell me if you want me to post more :)

Looking up at the sky he felt so small.
Just to think there was more out there, passed all those fluffy white clouds and that endless sea of blue. It chilled him.
He could barely envision anything other than the mountainous chicken pile that sat next to him, warm and rank.
"Aw, Francis, don't you ever look up at the sky?" He asked absentmindedly.
When only silence answered him, he asked again, and again he was met with the same reply.
..... That was when it began to dawn on him... The situation... The chicken plooper sitting next to him, where had it come from? How long had he been staring at the sky?! Why was he allergic to soy?!!
His pulse raced as he looked madly around, no Franny in sight. Dear mountainous dung hills, curse my short term memory, he thought, rolling on to his various grubby leg-things and making a mad dash for his grub hole, "I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU FRA---"
_____

Mr. Cluckers chirped and cooed to his ladies, holding the lovely prize he had found. What a good day, two prizes in a row!
One for himself and one for his beautiful hens, good day indeed! Well, at least up until then when he immediately regretted not eating both.
While Fluffybutt, Attila-the-hen and Mongo had ignored his earlier trilling, as soon as they noticed the plump grub clutched in his beak, it was on.
Easily twenty pounds of raging chicken was racing towards him with the velocity of a speeding bullet and the bloodlust of a vengeful Spartan. The grub had barely fallen from his gaping beak before the dogs of war had set upon him. Fluffybutt's fluffy butt collided with his head as she swung hard to fend off Mongo's vicious grabs, and Atilla's mighty girth barreled into his side. It was war.
Mongo cried out as Attila pecked her head, Fluffy stumbled forward and collapsed on Attila. Mr. Grub screamed as he hurtled towards the earth.
Feathers flew and squawks were squawked, and poor Clucker's was left shaking and gathering up what little was left of his manliness by the end of it. What happened to the grub no bird knew for certain, all assuming the other had eaten it. Grumbling, they left, not one glancing back.

Will he live? Will he die?
lol, most of you will have probably never heard of Mr. Grub. I made him up shortly after I joined and he went dormant for a while.
I also wrote this spur of the moment and there are probably a few grammatical errors, but I am lazy and have done enough proof reading for school this week to fill a month.

Last edited:
Well, thank you.
That is if you referring to me, if not, pfft. I am still taking it as a complement. :p Bwahaha.

Silverose jaw went slack, was this little fleabag a telepath?The werecat snorted, clearly amused with her reaction. Baldar shook his head, "Palix, Leave her alone."

Palix purred "What? I have played with a centaur before, which speaking of, why are you traveling with a centaur?"

Now it was Baldar turn to be amused "The council thought it would be fun for me to babysit, hence why I am here, i am in need of supplies."

Palix looked at him "Couldn't you got supplies in the town?"

"And supported that town anymore then I have too/ No way, anyhow, you have the supplies I really need."

"fine, fine, come in, just don't damage anything" Palix gestured them into the house, which Silverose honestly thought it was to small for her to fit through the door. Baldar tied his horse up and head in, he notice that Silver held back "Come on in!" he said.

Silver gingerly went to the door way, it seem to warped and change to were she could fit through. Her eyes widen at what she saw inside the 'small' house.

On the outside it appeared to be one story, but on the inside it had a grand staircase heading to a upstairs, the walls were draped with silk and tapestries of fine quality.Pedestals were line around the walls, vases and statues were on top of them. "I see you still have that fine taste werecats are know for" Baldar commented, fingering a white vase,

Silverose took a step into the house, then slipped on the tiles. A yelp escaped from her mouth as she tried to balance. Palix snickered as she tried to not do a split.

Baldar took pity on the poor centaur and muttered a spelled.Silver was soon able to stand, but she was clearly embarrassed.

This is the very first part of a story I'm working on, called the Legend of Narunin. What do you think?

~Chapter 1, Beginnings~
Long ago, as stories begin, there was a beautiful country of rolling hills, majestic mountains, vast plains, clear lakes called Narunin. In this land, lived a peaceful people, who loved the land and cared for it. At that time, there was no king, but the people lived at peace, and the elders of their town would judge the disputes that arose at times.
One of these elders was a man called Renalten. Though he was not as old as most elders, many considered him the wisest of them all. He lived in the most remarkable house you have ever seen. It was situated on the side of a hill, and looked only like a simple cottage from outside. On the inside though, it seemed to never end- it would seem that one could travel forever through his house and never discover all the rooms. Some rooms were devoted to medicine, others to astronomy, or history, or geography to mention a few, and in all these rooms were books. Oh! You should see all the books within his house! As I cannot try to describe all of his house, I will simply leave you with the fact that it was the most remarkable house of his time- and probably of ours too.
During Renalten’s lifetime, a tribe of wicked, selfish people arose from the Barren Lands, as they were called. The people of Narunin called them the Rashim. Slowly, these dreadful warriors seized lands, leaving destruction and misery wherever they went. Thus, the elders of Narunin gathered together to plan how to defend themselves. They knew that the good people of the land knew little of war, but they decided to elect a leader to train for battle as many men as could wield a sword. And who better, they said, to lead the armies than Renalten, the most learned of them all. That is how this good man came to train the armies of Narunin to use a sword, march in formation, and follow the captain’s orders. Though the time before the Rashim would invade was short, Renalten taught them well, and for love of their land, the soldiers did their best to prepare. Thus it was, that when the Rashim attacked, the people of Narunin achieved victory. And the people, seeing their need for a protector, crowned Renalten king of Narunin. He, I could safely say, was the best king Narunin ever had, judging fairly, appointing good laws and good advisors, and giving his all for the country.
But that, dear reader, was only the foundation of Narunin, and of this story.

Back
Top Bottom