BYC's 14th Annual New Year's Day Hatch-Along - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
does anyone remove any obvious clears on day 4? I have a few extra eggs than what my incubator can hold (I did it over the spring as well and a couple others I know have done it). But I would like to eliminate clears as early as I can to get them all fitting how they should.

I know most wait till days 7-10 to remove them. I have found that if they are really really clear with bright sun like yolks when I candle around day 4 that they stay like that. If the yolk looks darker then there is a chance I may see something later. But haven't taken them out till later. Was wondering what others do?
I took one out when that happened to me. Cracked it to make sure. Tried the next one. It was clear too. Did this and figu if I got one that wasn’t it was a sign to leave the rest. All I thought were clear I was correct on.

First time using the 1502 GFQ so I can’t see if any have pipped yet. Kind of frustrating but I guess I’ll just have to wait another day to find out. I can see 4 eggs peering through the door but no chicks and the humidity still hovers at 50% so I think it’s still early.
I have always considered upgrading to a cabinet but your situation is the one “con” to a cabinet

Is this shadowing or internal pip? The shadowed area would disappear then come back.

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_200547365~2.jpg
    IMG_20230101_200547365~2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom