BYC's 2021 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
My Serama eggs came a day early! Seller sent 6 extras 🤩. So I have 18 to set! I’m gonna let let sit due to shipping but I don’t think I can wait till the 10th. Only a couple had poo on them. Anyone have a good way to clean? Will they be ok to incubate? Just worried about any bad bacteria that might breed in the incubator 😅
Some will dry wipe. Some set as is.
Some wash their hatching eggs according to protocols. It depends on what you're comfortable with.

For mine, I set as is. At least so far.

For everyone who's hatching plans didn't work out. And for anyone who has decided to wait for another HAL or for a better time of year to hatch....everyone is welcome to follow along, to learn, to see an assortment of cute baby birds or to see what it's all about. :thumbsup :wee

:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy :jumpy :jumpy

Plus there are great contests to enter!!!

(A comprehensive list of rules, set date and contests are on page 1 for your perusal)

Last edited:
🦇🕷️🎃🦇 Click on the pic below to enlarge the photo.🦇 🎃🕷️🦇

Beautiful-Halloween-Wallpapers-and-Themes, edit 2.jpg

Last edited:
Some will dry wipe. Some set as is.
Some wash their hatching eggs according to protocols. It depends on what you're comfortable with.

For mine, I set as is. At least so far.
I ended up washing the poopy eggs with warm water I tried dry wiping but it was caked on pretty well 😬 Then I sprayed with 3% hydrogen peroxide and gently dried them. Hoping I didn’t screw em up but we shall see I suppose. I caught one rotten egg 🤢 so I’m down to 17 which is fine cause she sent lots of eggstras.

I ended up washing the poopy eggs with warm water I tried dry wiping but it was caked on pretty well 😬 Then I sprayed with 3% hydrogen peroxide and gently dried them. Hoping I didn’t screw em up but we shall see I suppose. I caught one rotten egg 🤢 so I’m down to 17 which is fine cause she sent lots of eggstras.
So good you caught the rotten egg! :clap
I believe those who wash use a warm temperature, so that's a good start. :)

She does sell Seramas out of Idaho. Normally I buy them through ebay, but this was a replacement batch of potluck she was sending. She may have forgotten to send tracking info since it wasn’t through eBay. If that’s the case, they will be at the post office early tomorrow morning.
Ive gotten seramas from them before but was live chicks as i dont trust eggs those birds gave me silkied seramas until a coon wiped them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom