Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    bye

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    You should have PM'ed one of the moderators or Nifty-Chicken I think you should edit this post blank and just pm Speckled Hen or Nifty-Chicken. I just think you will be reacted to badly if you leave this post up and cause a bunch of trouble.

Thanks,
    Henry

3. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    This is actually the best forum I've ever been on. Strange that you are having problems... [​IMG]

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    im sorry but i don't see what your talking about. every thread that ive seen locked, a reason was stated for it. and a lot of times it was locked at the thread writer or owners request. others have been closed for reasons that were stated or as i think the hati one the reason was obvious.

5. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

I know the thread you mean but it was locked from request of the original poster which is fair, however we can always start a new discussion on the same subject and keep it open.
    Dont go just go and have a cup of tea and relax, and think about it.[​IMG]
    Plus always PM the mods if you have a private concern it helps!

6. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I am going to post this before this thread gets nasty or locked -- I love this site and dont mind that there are mods watching over everything. I have seen a few threads get locked and wonder why, but I figure there must be a good reason.
    I am so thankful I have found this site I find it full of great info, jokes,and some times plain sillyness.
    I want to thank the mods and nifty for providing a site that is so much fun to be a member of [​IMG]

Julie

7. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I dont think you should be able to go back and delete posts. It is your opinion and you are completely entitled to it, just as we should all be. I followed the post you are refering to and I agree with you. People shouldnt be able to say something and then be disagreed with and say, hey I changed my mind, people are picking on me, lock this thread. Although, I disagree with the poster and not the mods, they were just doing what was requested.

Hcammack. You seem like a nice person, I think you have answered some finch qeustions for me in the past if I remember correctly--but your response is just supporting what he is saying.

That being said---This is my favorite forum. I do agree with you bronco to some extent but I dont want to trash the mods, they are just doing what they are supposed to to keep it safe and clean. Sometime it BENEFITS us when they close a thread, like the one terrie did today. It protected the members. Also, People going ON and ON fighting with no end in sight isnt beneficial either.

I think it is difficult for people to respect others opinions and stop arguing, which is why the locked posts have gotten to where they are now.

Just my $0.02

Well see if this thread gets closed. If we try to stay civil, maybe we can discuss this this time.

8. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Sorry I was just trying to give him an alternative option I don't agree with what he is saying just wanted to prevent trouble.
    Thanks sorry If I offended anyone.
    Henry

9. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yes i agree, well said Crazy!!!the sillyness comes under "Games, jokes and FUN" section!!!

10. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    my goodness. here we go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by