C&C cages.

I don't have seramas, but given the dimensions of the cubes, each bird gets 1.6 sq ft of living space. It just seems small to me. No one here is yelling about it. It simply seems small. Because those cubes are so economical, it wouldn't cost much to extend it by one row. I think it's a great use of those cheap cubes which clearly couldn't hold anything substantial.

Quote:
wasnt yelling. just making a bold statement. I cant stand using the "bold" button on here.

Nella - I got the photo off google but no over where they come from thats similar to what they'd be caged in.. their considered house chickens.

City - Thank you
smile.png

I think the op's point may be being missed.
It is not configured as the first pic shows. The first pic looks like an advertising pic. It is HOW the OP put it together that makes it large enough.
I think the OP was pointing out how inexpensive they are and how they can be configured to work for chickens and bunnies.

Please OP correct me if I am wrong.

I really like your idea! In looking at your photo though, I'm having trouble figuring where a door might be. Were you able to work out a working door? And when you're ready to clean, do you just lift the whole thing up and dismantle to sweep out shavings? Tell me a little more about making it functional please. I'm considering hatching some Seramas this spring and would like to have a nice place in the garage for them. This appears to be an attractively priced option!

Quote:
I was able to work a door in! the door in the Serama pen is in the middle of the top row of pennels and how I did that was I just zip tied one side so it makes it free swinging and then I use a clip to keep it shut.
when im ready to clean it I usually let my birds have free run of the basement but you can also use holding cages to keep them in while you clean or just clean around them. And I either sweep it up or shopvac it up! The base is framed off so that the bedding stays in the area you want it an the cage its self just sits in the base so I can pick it up an move just the wired part! Its very light weight so its extremely easy to move! If you want to put the birds outside for a couple hours so they can get some sun when the weather turns nice, just set it outside in the grass an they have a little "play area"

Quote:
I was able to work a door in! the door in the Serama pen is in the middle of the top row of pennels and how I did that was I just zip tied one side so it makes it free swinging and then I use a clip to keep it shut.
when im ready to clean it I usually let my birds have free run of the basement but you can also use holding cages to keep them in while you clean or just clean around them. And I either sweep it up or shopvac it up! The base is framed off so that the bedding stays in the area you want it an the cage its self just sits in the base so I can pick it up an move just the wired part! Its very light weight so its extremely easy to move! If you want to put the birds outside for a couple hours so they can get some sun when the weather turns nice, just set it outside in the grass an they have a little "play area"

I see... Very clever! I especially like the part about moving them outside - it's not only an indoor cage, but a covered run in nicer weather. This is a multi-purpose cage. Super cool - thank you.

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that each bird in the cage gets 1.6 sq ft of living space. I think it's a grand idea and another crafty chicken person's ingenuity at work.

Quote:

I see... Very clever! I especially like the part about moving them outside - it's not only an indoor cage, but a covered run in nicer weather. This is a multi-purpose cage. Super cool - thank you.

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom