Cackle Hatchery Guinea keets...Anyone order from them?

Hobbley_Farm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Pilot Mountain, NC
I hope this is in the right section. But I am having a devil of a time finding guineas all of the sudden. So I'm considering ordering them from CackleHatchery. Anyone have experience with this? I must mention I have never raised guineas from day olds. Are they par and parcel to Chicks?

Always get chicks from IDEAL POULTRY. Ive never heard a bad word about them and I doubt that you will either. Also they are cheaper. Dont order from Cackle. They are expensive and ive heard too too too many times where they messes up,lost, or sent an order to the wrong post office. One gal had to pick up her order from 200 MILES away!!!

Pretty much like chicks. They need a higher protien ration. The first 2 weeks are critical. If they make it past the first 2 weeks they are almost impervious to anything short of a predator attack. I hen hatched some(shipped eggs), 4 hatched out of 13 eggs. They grew healthy and fast. Three males and one female. Easy to tell which was the female as she NEVER shut up upon reaching adolescence. They have that reputation. Had to give her away as I couldn`t stand the constant noise. The boys were a joy and survived about 3 years before the predators got the last one. Hoped to get more this year, but it`s not looking favorable. I had considered ordering from Purely Poultry( http://www.purelypoultry.com/guineas.html), which I found out about on this forum. May be an alternative for you. Good luck with yours. .......Pop

Quote:
I actually haven't had bad customer service from them. There was an oops a few weeks ago,but they corrected that and was very pleasent when doing so. I check between Ideal, Cackle, and McMurry and for me Cackle always ends up being much less expensive. It may just have something to do with shipping. lol

Quote:
All hatcheries have mistakes made. I have "read" several problems with Ideal and McMurray and Cackle, etc on this forum almost daily buit for sure weekly.
I ordered from Cackle, just got my chicks. I am super happy with the customer service - they were always nice, friendly and prompt when I spoke to them on the phone (the internet leaves a bit to be desired) - and very happy with the chicks that arrived. I did not order guineas, but my turkeys, geese, ducks and chicks are great! And I believe their pricing is quite reasonable. Shipping does vary depending on where you live and how much you order. I only paid a flat $15 from MO to PA.

I think if you don't have first hand experience - good or bad - it is UNFAIR to any business to be passing vague rumors about.

Second year for a cackle order and no problems with the chicks.

They did however, not fill my order the first time and the second time only got 2/3 of the order. Bad year for rare breeds from what i hear.

Guinea keets can also be haed from Randles. They have more of a selection.

I've never ordered guineas from cackle, but I got my first batch of chicks, geese and ducks there and was really happy with the service and shipping. I paid $15 shipping for the whole batch because they were able to put them in a single box (separated to keep the geese and ducks from trampling the chicks).

I have ordered many many times from cackle hatchery and always have had a great experience. They did have a problem this year with some messed up orders because of people canceling orders or changing orders but they posted on their site that they have corrected this problem. The birds that I have bought from there are always good and healthy and I have had a very low chick death rate if any death at all. Ideal is also a great hatchery but they cost more than cackle.

It was my first time ordering chicks online from anywhere and I kinda like messed up with what I wanted bigtime! They were all the same Cochin Bantams the Buffs. And I wanted like the Red, Silver Penciled etc.

I know they don't like to change the order once it is placed but it was a mistake, I don't know if that should make a difference cuz it was my mistake. But, Cackle was so nice when I called them an explained to them what had happened. They changed my order for the chicks that I had meant to order the first time. They were so nice about it too! I am to receive my chicks June 1st. So excited to get them!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom