Cackle Hatchery Order Hatching @ 5a.m. on 4/4/2018

I have chicks from IDEAL arriving this week and am so excited! I have Nutri-Drench on hand, I am putting the pine flakes in their brooder the day before they arrive so any dust settles, and I have a bottle of vitamin/electrolyte powder I'll be mixing in their water the first couple weeks (diluting it progressively as I go), and also a powdered probiotic I'll be putting in the water the first week. All of this to give them as much of a starting boost as I can!

Last edited:
It's a concentrated nutrient supplement that BYC pundits reco giving to birds in crisis. I got a 4 oz bottle at a feed store, have not used it for my chickens yet. If you can't find that, you can get packets of electrolytes for chicks.

It's almost like a healthy energy shake for chickens. Nutri-Drench can help a chick that is fading "bounce back" enough to have the energy to eat and drink so that it gives its little body a decent chance at living. At two or three days old it's almost more natural to the weak ones to just let themselves pass, rather than fight for life. Nutri Drench changes that if you're lucky.

It's almost like a healthy energy shake for chickens. Nutri-Drench can help a chick that is fading "bounce back" enough to have the energy to eat and drink so that it gives its little body a decent chance at living. At two or three days old it's almost more natural to the weak ones to just let themselves pass, rather than fight for life. Nutri Drench changes that if you're lucky.

Ok. I can Google this but since we are already talking.... is it liquid, a drink? Um so yea... it's not electrolytes?

Back
Top Bottom