Cackle Hatchery???????

Taylor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 14, 2008
has anubody had their brown egg layers like any of the rocks, their Rhode Island Reds, Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, any other breeds?? I'm thinking of ordering from them this year, just want to see if anyone else has ever ordered forn them? what breeds are your favorite from cackle? are they hardy birds, good layers, healthy? do you reccomend them? thank-you!

i have had there golden laced wyandottes, and there cinnamon queens. the wyandottes layed good and go broody as well. i had 2 of them hatch chicks last year. the cinnamon queens lay good for a year and a half and then they start fadeing out. i have just the 6, cinnamon queens left out of the 2 breeds i got from cackle now. 3 of the six are still laying. going to be finding homes for them soon. then putting in new order white leghorns and rhode island reds from cackle this time. i have 6 reds and 2 leghorns now and cant beat there laying quality. i sell most of my eggs i get so i figured might as well get the heavy laying breeds.

Quote:
My White Rocks came from Cackle. I have six and far as I can tell all are laying. They will be 1 year old on March 12th. They started laying at about 27 to 28 weeks, I forgot to mark it daown so not really sure how old when they started laying that is a rough estimate.

Those arethe only brown egg layers that I ordered. I ordered some Lakenvelders (white eggs) and Polish (they were ST RUN) and mostly roosters ( that just my luck though) and I had only 1 hen left and traded her off for some more Easter Eggers, they were the other breed that I ordered at the same time.

I feel that they were worth the money I spent on them.

We got brown leghorns from cackle last spring. Along with some brahmas and faverolles for somebody else. The birds arrived a day later, post offices fault, and I belive it was around 85 or so that week. A couple were dead when they arrived and several more died over the next couple days. I belive they came on thursday afternoon. I called cackle and they told me to call them back Monday with a full count of dead birds and I did and they reimbursed me. Nice people to deal with. The leghorns are nice birds, lay beautiful white eggs. I like cackle.

I ordered from them....redsexlink, blacksexlink, california white, and EE's.......the red and black are brown egg layers they are 10 months old started laying at about 15-18 weeks and still going strong. I did not have any problems with Cackle
thumbsup.gif

I know several people that get chicks from Cackle. My BR's parents were from Cackle. They are really nice people and easy to deal with. I stopped by there yesterday and talked with them about some birds. (I am only about 35 miles away from Cackle)

I agree. If I lived 35 miles from Cackle Hatchery I'd be in trouble. The temptation would just be too great. My husband thinks I have too many birds now. LOL
smile.png
I have ordered from Cackle hatchery before with great success. They even sent quite a few "freebies" in my order. I ordered a Turkey assortment and fryer chicken assortment. The chickens teach the " slow to learn " turkeys where the food and water is, so I had No fatalities. I like their hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom