Cackle Hatchery?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by OrpieLover31, Mar 18, 2013.

1. OrpieLover31

OrpieLover31 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 5, 2012
    Earth
    I have recently heard about Cackle Hatchery, and I was wondering if they have any good chicks? I would really love to have some Cochins but Im not so sure about buying from a hatchery.... I have been looking on Craigslist forever, but have not had any luck.... Do you guys have any experience from purchasing from Cackle Hatchery? Are there better hatcherys or places to get Cochins? Just wondering...

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've raised birds from a number of sources.

McMurray... great birds.
    Ideal... great selection.
    Cackle... Great birds.

I raised a Cinnamon Queen and a Light Brown Leghorn from Cackle. Both great birds and wonderful egg-laying machines. Big beautiful birds that laid LARGE eggs..

3. jandlpoultry

jandlpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2012
    I have ordered from them several times. Always received healthy lively chicks. Should get my new chicks from them in the morning!The only problem I have with Cackle is if they have asked me to substitute different breeds at the last minute, twice.

4. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    My 15 older girls came from Cackle. Have had wonderfull sucess with them,def would order again from them :)

5. OrpieLover31

OrpieLover31 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 5, 2012
    Earth
    Okay!

Im thinking of buying some... I have not made my decision though....

6. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    Heading to Cackle to pick up 60 chicks tomorrow.

I live about 40 miles or so, so I always drive to pick them up. Getting 25 cornish x, 25 Red broilers, 5 Austra White pullets, and 5 Barred Rock pullets. I have gotten chicks from them twice. Love them, and they have great customer service as well!

7. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my 5 LF Light Brahma 5 LF Buff Brahma 5 Cayuga ducks last may. They all did well and are better quality then the chicks I purchased this year from ideal. Hopefully they live up to your expectations.

8. CGinJCMO

CGinJCMO Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    Cole County Missouri
    How was the drive with the road conditions? I'm so tempted to drive to Cackle because I'm not seeing Easter Eggers locally but this late snowstorm has me staying home.

CG

9. Ceilismom

Ceilismom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    NW South Dakota
    I bought LF blue cochins, and gold-laced, partridge and assorted bantams from Cackle 2 years ago. All of the LF are still with me, (except for one gorgeous but mean roo that went into the neighbor's soup pot) and they are healthy, pretty and nice to have around. I don't have cochins from any other source to compare them to.

The bantams suffered from a too-long transit time, and probably my inexperience, so I lost a few right away. The rest made it to adulthood and were very nice-looking, docile (my daughters loved them) and prone to sit on eggs but not growl and peck while they did. I've lost several of them to predators and accidents, but none to bad health.

10. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    It was fine. I left about 11am this morning and the roads were clear, in fact so was the yard. lol Only a few spots of snow are left around here. The roads were dry as a bone.

60 chicks safe and sound

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by